Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Need business ideas

• 1 posts
    August 3, 2012 6:36 AM EDT

levijean, when considering business ideas, ask these questions:

1) How much (profit = income) money do you need to make from this business?

2) What will people pay you to do for them?

3) What will it cost you to provide this service?

4) How many customers will you need at those prices to make the money you need?

5) How long will it take you to secure this many customers?

In my years of business consulting, these are some of the hard questions that many hopeful startups don't ask. 

---
    Almost retired, I'm now doing what I love; helping small and medium-sized organizations get better at what they do. My experience helps me to understand business problems quickly, saving time and money. See www.parkersolutions.com

• 3 posts
    June 18, 2013 4:12 PM EDT

Hi i am interested in progressing with a business.

But require a business partner anyone interested message me.

• 20 posts
    February 28, 2013 12:07 PM EST

I have a successful real estate company that I basically work part time and make full time income.  I am looking for another business to start for diversification.  I am open to about anything, as long as it is not a time vampire.  Something I can spend a few hours a day  on business development and hire a few employees to handle the majority of the tasks.  Some random things that have crossed my mind:  residential maid service, commercial janitorial service, carpet cleaning, towing, bed bug remediation, contracting/painting...  There are a million possibilities, but I want the most buck for my time.  Any ideas/input?

----------------------

have you ever thought on having a restaurant or a hotel. :D

---
    Diversified Entities provides Bonded warehouses in Chicago

• 2 posts
    June 27, 2012 2:31 AM EDT

Hi Levi,

You make a big point about the second business not being a time theif.

The only business I know of where you earn max reward and do not care how much time you spend in it, is a business that you love to do or find interesting.

Since you seem to have the choice, go develop a hobby or interest business. You already pocess the best business skill of all, that is leveraging of other peoples time, so go for it, cut loose, do something different, develope a business that you would love to do.

Good luck  

---
    Peter www.smallbusinessmotivation.com

• 52 posts
    September 7, 2012 6:03 PM EDT

I really happy to read this post, I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it

-----------------------

seo company India   |  Link Building India

• 22 posts
    February 21, 2013 5:44 PM EST

I agree with williamjames732, We have to prepare well and choose the business line.We have to analyze the pros and cons of the business and should be aware of all tips and tricks.We need to get updated in the line and develop our skills in the chosen field.

• 5 posts
    February 25, 2013 6:03 PM EST

You can expand to your business through online marketing. I think, It is a best method for you.

---
    Basswood Blinds || Platinum Blinds

• 32 posts
    August 5, 2012 9:29 PM EDT

Before starting any business, you need to first do a proper planning. Planning is an essential part of a business. Next would be on deciding the exact amount which will be spent on the business. Decide whether you will lead the business alone, or whether you want to have some partners working together for the business. Also important would be to decide how to promote your business. Use of social networking sites will be the most appropriate way to promote your business.

---
    Accounts Receivable Financing & Factoring | Accounts Receivable Funding | Factoring Accounts Receivable | Factoring Company

• 6 posts
    July 9, 2013 9:04 PM EDT

i m also suggest that the real estate business

is very good and many of the peoples work on it

and their is so many website to know about the

real estate a best side is i send you a link....................

[url=http://www.flatbungalow.com] flat flat flat [/url]

• 6 posts
    July 9, 2013 9:11 PM EDT
    • 49 posts
    February 19, 2013 6:59 PM EST

When you start a new business you must do these things.

1. Develop  your business idea

2. Decide your business structure

3.Choose a name for your business

4. Register your business name

5. prepare paper work

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Start up business , Get a loan

• 46 posts
    November 4, 2013 11:14 AM EST

There are quite a few business opportunities which are available even if one is planning to start with. Also it doesn't requires any investment of any type. You can start up with movers or packing co. along with it you can get into e commerce, since this businesses are bearing fruits of success.   

• 12 posts
    December 27, 2013 4:00 AM EST
    It is up to you which kind of business you want to start. Before starting any business firstly you should think about your interest area. Accordingly to your interest You can choose your business. If you are women then You can find too many options.Connected here to get more information http://newagebusinessloans.com/
    • 11 posts
    January 10, 2014 12:35 AM EST

I'm in need of some quick funding.  I have some pretty good business ideas I'd like to sell at a reasonable price for some quick startup capital.  Anyone interested??

• 19 posts
    January 10, 2014 2:05 AM EST

Thats a good idea of opening up your own business. Go ahead, take risks. Those who don't fear of taking risks in business becomes the successful entrepreneur. Business capital of-course is the prior need of any busines. For the same you can take help of your friends as well as banks. Other than banks, you can also ask help from some good venture capital firms.

• 11 posts
    January 10, 2014 10:17 PM EST

Let me know what you think...

A collaborative effort from investors for new entrepreneurs seeking funding for business.  Direct invitation for investment and collaboration with investors for business planning.  But this would not be a Venture Capital Firm, just a website.

• 11 posts
    January 10, 2014 10:21 PM EST

Or you might apply the idea I mentioned above with small-time(100s-1000s of dollars) entrepreneur investors.  Maybe referred to as small-time investor collaborations...

• 19 posts
    February 5, 2014 10:58 AM EST

Looking to become a Momentrepreneur, I can help!

I have developed a FREE 6 DAY workshop to help mothers become successful entrepreneurs. After having acquire several degrees and being unemployed with a growing family I had to make a choice to support my family. I decided to become an entrepreneur, and after a challenging road, I was able to build successful businesses. Now my goal is to help more moms become successful momentrepreneurs.

SIGN UP FOR FREE and you will begin your journey to become a successful Momentrepreneur.

www.themomentrepreneurs.com

Peace, Love and Success is yours!

• 5 posts
    February 6, 2014 4:43 PM EST

Start Your Business Today is a organization dedicated to helping individuals start their own business. We offer a variety of business products and services for those looking to become their own boss and live the life they have always dreamed of.

www.startyourbusinesstoday.org

• 1 posts
    February 28, 2014 9:30 PM EST

Some of these comments really irritate me.  The poster simply is asking for some business ideas, not shameless plugs for your existing businesses that clearly aren't doing so hot or else you wouldn't be trolling forums with a zero dollar advertising budget.  To the poster, there's tons of places online to find great business ideas.  One of the best is bizhubb.com.  The ideas on there are fully detailed so you learn just about everything you need to know to get it going and not just what the business actually is.  Isn't that the real problem we all really have?  I'd love to start up something like an Ad agency, but I have no freakin clue how to actually do it.  Go check it out for yourself and pick one you like.  And for the record, I have several of my own business ideas up for sale there, but I'm NOT going to plug which ones they are.  I'm telling you to go there because it will help you.  Not so I can make money off you.  Those jerks should be banned.