I recently joined my buddies company (General Trading), and I am a managing partner for some products, recently I am importing Silica crystal cat litter from China to distribute it to some retailers.
I have a small background in accounting but I am facing some difficulties in creating an excel sheet with all data required to make my life easier ( I do know how to use Excel professionally).
Let me explain what exactly is happening:
1. Freight on board (FOB) $4.16.
2. Port Tax 5%.
3. 6800 Jars.
4. Handeling $500
5. Storage Free.
6. Retail Shelfs price ( It is 50% of the margin I make)
7. Based on my competition price I am expecting a margin of 40%.
8. My friend whats me to calculate future margins and backward margin ( which i have searched and did not find any results)
9. Operation cost ( Price not available yet)
Note: My concern is how to create a tool for this specific item to make my life easier.