Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

Steps to getting funds to construct new commercial building

• 50 posts
    April 19, 2013 8:29 PM EDT

Here are some points to be considered, which can help you to get a small business loan:

1. Don't quit your day job
    2. Offer something of value
    3. Keep meticulous records
    4. Plan on providing a plan
    5. Character counts
    6. Check and recheck your credit

---
    Invoice Factoring

• 3 posts
    October 2, 2006 8:40 PM EDT

Hello,

I am in St. Louis, MO and I am currently in the process of securing funding to build the children, youth, and family center that will house the childcare and human development services for my company Daycares R Us.

I would like to know what are the exact steps that need to be taken to get a commercial building built from the ground.

Please Help!

---
    Ms. Dru

• 3 posts
    October 3, 2006 7:06 AM EDT

To robertj, or anyone else who did not have clarity to the above question [I appologize] . I fully understand that I will have to get a archetichet and draw blue prints and do land surveys, get a contractor, and so on. But my question is what are the funding steps? I already have the fesiability plan spelled out so I know their will be a immediate ROI, however, I need to know are their grants avalible for such a project because I am a nonprofit organization. And if I do get a grant for the land or a for the whole project does anyone know any foundations who would provide funding? 

---
    Ms. Dru

• 2 posts
    April 18, 2013 5:40 AM EDT

If you are starting a non profit, why not get a grant.  With the right guidance or networking, you'd probably get a reall big check Smile

---
    Free Guide to Grants & Loans. Click link through profile.

• 927 posts
    October 3, 2006 3:17 AM EDT

Ms Dru,

If your question is pertaining to the steps to actually build the building - that may be too detailed and beyond the scope of this group. When you are ready to begin , I suggest you engage the services of a professional design or architectural firm, who can help you with site selection, plan approvals and construction oversight.

If your question is related to the funding of a commercial building – then the first step is to determine financial viability – can the building generate sufficient revenue to cover expenses and service the debt for construction.

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com