Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

the spam posts

• 26 posts
    September 27, 2013 8:00 AM EDT

Where are the modulators to stop this? It is not only making current users go away but it is stopping new users from coming. I agree, it has to stop. I guess they think spamming here will help their SEO - for whatever business they think they have.

---
    Business Money Today - Small Business Loans

• 11 posts
    September 27, 2013 6:38 AM EDT

Whats the deal with all these spam posts on here now?  Who do they think is looking at this site.  "Hey Bob, I was working on getting my shoe repair business off the ground but after seeing these exciting possibilities, I'm off to Dubai for the top shelf biatches there

• 26 posts
    September 29, 2013 8:39 AM EDT

It is very shameful that we are wasting our time dealing with spammers. Spam hurts the overall impact of the discussion and the best solution is deletion of posts. Spam guarding plug ins are also helpful.

• 63 posts
    October 16, 2013 2:57 PM EDT

I was a long time regular  here, didn't check in for a few months and came back to a totally ruined forum. I could not believe all the spam and wondered what happened to the moderators. I left and didn't come back until now. I'll have a look around and hope that with the new design there will be a better system to handle the spam.

---
    Sylvia Business Plan Mentor

• 3 posts
    December 16, 2013 5:45 AM EST
    startuphelper said:

I was a long time regular  here, didn't check in for a few months and came back to a totally ruined forum. I could not believe all the spam and wondered what happened to the moderators. I left and didn't come back until now. I'll have a look around and hope that with the new design there will be a better system to handle the spam.

@StartupHelper, some thing here. Just signed back in after working on a few other projects for a few months. Wow! What happened here? Hope these guys have a backup of their old site. It's a good example for "Don't fix it, if it ain't broken". Now, it's broken and needs fixing. Wasn't even able to upload my thumb to my profile.  

• 4 posts
    January 20, 2014 11:57 AM EST

Spam has been a major issue for us.  We just implemented a Spam Firewall, where we've had to block entire regions, such as China, Vietnam, India, and Pakistan due to incoming spam from those IPs/countries. 

It's an ongoing process and we are making adjustments to our firewall each day to eliminate as much spam as possible and keep the StartupNation forums clean.

We apologize for the ongoing spam issues and appreciate everyone's patience as we combat this.

-- Brian Cleveland

Web Director,

StartupNation