Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

three years in

• 26 posts
    September 27, 2013 8:04 AM EDT

Know that much of what is involved in SEO you can easily do yourself - it is all about on page and off page effort. Easy enough to do yourself. And, getting organic traffic from the search engines could really turn your business around.

I think it would be OK to loo behind you - contact those old customers - get them back or get them to refer you to their friends. Or, what marketing was working in the past may work again with a tweak or two.

---
    Business Money Today - Small Business Loans

• 11 posts
    September 18, 2013 5:34 AM EDT

The last time I was here was 2010 I believe, laid off, scared, started an enviro consulting business in PA.  Advise

was to stick with it.  I did.  Late 2010 and much of 2011 were very scary. Spent a lot of my savings  Took off

though in fall 2011 and steady growth through spring 2013.  All of a sudden its dead quiet.  Well, I was

busy with project work on not doing enough business development.  So I am plowing into the latter trying]

not to look behind me (like they always say) and keep down the rising taste of fear in the pit of my stomach

• 11 posts
    September 18, 2013 7:33 AM EDT

Thanks.  We had a very limited website until early this year when we launched a real one.  I'm beefing it up now again.  We sent out 250 trifold brochures in two sectors so far, transportation and municipal.  Using member list from trade orgs as base.  I'm exhibiting at two major trade events coming up this fall.  One transportation, one Federal-oriented.  I have an exelorated campaign of sending expanded capability statements to more targeted contacts. I'm following up on the phone constantly.  and also setting up marketing meetings in batches at client locations in the surrounding cities.  I'm also forging alliances with other consulting firms that have complimentary services.

If you look up Rue Environmental, you'll find the website and any feedback would be appreciated.

• 11 posts
    September 26, 2013 4:25 AM EDT

I looked at SEO and it may be a bit rich for my budget right now.  I'm looked at Constant Comment and Google Adwords maybe

• 14 posts
    September 18, 2013 6:36 AM EDT

Good luck.  What strategies are you using to promote your business?

---
    Web Entrepreneur and strategist. I work with Docurated, Stratus Prep, GMAT Prepster, and a host of other small businesses to help them gain traction with their digital marketing. I have worked on startups at all stages and aspire to help others find their success.

• 14 posts
    September 19, 2013 8:28 AM EDT

Looks like you have a basic site up.  Well done!  Have you looking into any web marketing?  SEO would be a good place for you to start...

---
    Web Entrepreneur and strategist. I work with Docurated, Stratus Prep, GMAT Prepster, and a host of other small businesses to help them gain traction with their digital marketing. I have worked on startups at all stages and aspire to help others find their success.