Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Hosting Companies: Are You Happy With Yours?

• 11 posts
    September 14, 2011 10:58 PM EDT

I use GoDaddy. I`m pretty easy to please, but I haven`t had any problems with them and as a result, have little to complain about. :)

How To Look Good In Photos

• 26 posts
    April 11, 2009 6:58 AM EDT
    Frankly, even if a company boasted of such a thing, I would remain skeptical.  Most hosting firms seem to rely on purchasers who do not know what they are buying into and, when failures occur, skimp on customer service.  What they do in the downtime is as important to me as the uptime.

While I am very, very wary of Top 25 lists, I greedily read testimonials and reviews.  That is how I found Arvixe.com, with which I have been very, very pleased.  I have worked with them through a set of problems caused by some 3rd party tools I have used for a few sites and, rather than push me back to the developers, they`ve offered thoughtful customer support. I cannot sing their praises enough.

Furthermore, since GoDaddy has a NoDaddy.com site of displeased customers, I was happy to go with a different company that had so much praise from its customers.  Simply put, cheap is not enough.

I recently shared the following list with a client.  Happy to pass this along here :

Cyberland-USA
    www.cyberland-usa.com
    20845 Okemos Dr.
    Big Rapids, MI 49307
    Phone #: 231-803-4215
    Note: Business office hours are Mon-Fri.
    from 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. EST
    $41 annually for hosting 2 domains
    $57 annually for hosting 5 domains
    92% positive rating in 34 reviews
    Paypal and all major credit cards accepted

Arvixe, LLC
    http://www.arvixe.com/
    PO Box 14738
    San Luis Obispo, CA 93406-4738
    Live Chat, phone and email support
    Personal Class incl. 6 hosted domains for $60 Annually
    1 Domain name renewed annually for free
    97% positive rating in 377 reviews

AccuWebHosting
    www.accuwebhosting.com
    48 Bi-State Plaza #185
    Old Tappan, NJ 07675
    Live chat, phone
    1-877-SOS-HOST (877-767-4678) (9:30 A.M to 5:00 P.M) (Monday-Friday)Time Zone: MST
    $80 annually for 5 domains hosted
    Free domain renewal in the first year for 1 of the 5 domains
    98% in 300+ reviews

Web Hosting Buzz
    http://www.webhostingbuzz.com
    WHB NETWORKS LLC.
    501 Silverside Rd, Suite 105
    Wilmington, DE 19809
    $83.40 annually for Buzz Lite, incl. a free domain
    +1.302.407.0927 and +1.302.407.0937
    92% of 1300+ reviews

---
    Tammi L. Coles
    Archer Targeted Communication
    ArcherTC.com
    Follow me on Twitter @archertc

• 26 posts
    April 11, 2009 12:13 PM EDT
    What does any of that that have to do with what hosting company a business uses? What difference does it make what we sell?

Hm. Perhaps the difference is in the kind of 3rd party tools they offer as part of the hosting package or the experience they have in solving problems that are caused by shopping carts, payment gateways, and customer billing?

If some hosting company hasn`t already promoted themselves as "friendly to" or "experts in" commercial sites, I`ll eat my hat!  I`ll also launch a new division of my company.  ;-)

---
    Tammi L. Coles
    Archer Targeted Communication
    ArcherTC.com
    Follow me on Twitter @archertc

• August 1, 2011 1:31 PM EDT

I am happy with me. Laughing

Robert Williams, Owner
    Williams Web Solutions
    www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
    info@williamswebsolutions.net
    (361) 455-6471

Website Design · Web Application Development · Website & E-mail Hosting · Computer Repair & Networking · Dedicated & Virtual-Dedicated Server Hosting · Offsite Backup

• 31 posts
    June 11, 2013 8:40 PM EDT

Visit us for Cheap & Best Hosting Services. http://thishdreamz.com/

• 3 posts
    June 15, 2012 10:49 PM EDT

We know it’s easy to do, but remember that in most cases you get what you pay for. Cheap Web hosting can, of course, be top-quality and sufficient for small websites, but it can also be really poor and get you off to a bad start with your new host. Make sure you look at what features are included in the hosting package.

How To Search Shelter Island Rental

• 3 posts
    June 15, 2012 10:52 PM EDT

If you are on a shared hosting plan, your website will share a single server with thousands of other websites. It is important that you find out what these websites are, for several reasons. Say that one of these websites is sending email spam. This could lead to downtime for you because the server hosting your website will be getting heavy traffic.

TO Make Yours Happy Vacation with Shelter Island Rental

• 118 posts
    April 1, 2009 11:36 AM EDT
    I use GoDaddy. I`m pretty easy to please, but I haven`t had any problems with them and as a result, have little to complain about. A main feature that I like (which may very well be standard with certain hosting plans with any company) is that I can host unlimited sites under the same account without paying extra (provided I don`t need more space). 

---
    Motivation for Entrepreneurs
    Entre-Propel.com

• 9 posts
    June 24, 2012 1:22 PM EDT

I love Hostgator as well.

---
    Learn, Live and Grow Your Life!
    Michael Levy
    http://blog.michaeldlevy.ws
    michael@michaeldlevy.ws
    Appointments: http://www.vcita.com/mentormike.levy
    Toll Free: (888) 829-6097 (24-hr Support)

• 412 posts
    April 1, 2009 7:17 AM EDT
    I always wondered why GoDaddy, as big as they are, doesn`t have an 800 service/support number. They have decent pricing, I`ve just never liked the backend to manage sites, much prefer Control Panel.

---
    M Hall
    Website Critique Community
    International Society of Curmudgeons

• 6 posts
    June 30, 2012 1:32 PM EDT

Go Daddy blows.  I use a few hosts: www.hostwinds.com, www.1and1.com, www.hostmonster.com and www.synconlinemedia.com.

---
    Mr Davidrealestate mrdavidrealestate@gmail.com http://www.finance1online.com

• 10 posts
    December 2, 2011 1:28 AM EST

I have a special list of top hosting companies that I`ve compiled based primarily on customer reviews.  And as popular as GoDaddy is, it doesn`t make the cut.

---
    How to Lay a Patio

• 747 posts
    April 1, 2009 1:21 PM EDT
    I provide my own hosting... I very satisfied with myself

I`m a reseller of hosting... I host a number of sites from static to ecommerce sites
    Full cPanel with fantastico... that has a long list of free programs.

~Roland

---
    Web Design | Best Beef Jerky | ecommerce articles | Follow vwebworld on Twitter

• 434 posts
    April 18, 2009 11:29 AM EDT
    I am also confused by your list of complaints for GoDaddy.  Their service people have always been quick to respond, knowledgeable and courteous.  Yes, their site is dirty, cluttered and hard to navigate.  My guess is that the complaints come from people with no concept of what they are doing - not something GoDaddy is doing wrong.

---
    Steve Mann
    Internet Videographer
    MannMade Digital Video
    My Email

• 22 posts
    March 21, 2013 7:07 PM EDT

I chose my web host based on user reviews since one can get honest feedback.I host with 9cubehosting.com and have no regrets.They are reliable and support at all times,and most important is I found they satisfy my demands at low cost.I started hosting my websites with them and have not turned to any other host till now.They help to set up our website and manage it....they provide a good up-time hence visitors will never have any trouble in accessing the site.

• 10 posts
    February 4, 2012 8:27 PM EST

You certainly should have seen those advanced CSS text effects for now already, they are rapidly getting admired as upcoming and current trend in good webdesign. The best thing about these personal belongings is, it can be achieved with pure CSS, no more image replacements and image heavy web designs. In this article I showcased all the best explained CSS tutorials and typography tips I found and thought you positively must read! Scroll through or definitely save this article to bookmarks so the next time you create new design in Photoshop with letterpress, shadowed etc. effects – you can generate them just with pure code!

---
    Heath Construction

• 29 posts
    May 30, 2011 12:01 AM EDT

hi everybody thanks for your information i felt happy with my hosting service which is provided by http://www.xnynz.com/ they provide free hosting service for each paid domain that we buy from them they also render logo and banner design service ,domain transfer etc.... at reasonable cost their hosting plans are listed below

1. economy plan :
    10 GB Space Unlimited Bandwidth
    100 Email Accounts
    10 MySQL Databases
    2. deluxe plan:
    150 GBSpace Unlimited Bandwidth
    500 Email Accounts
    25 MySQL Databases

3.ultimate plan:
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth!
    1000 Email Accounts
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    for each paid hosting they provide free setup,software,free storage and bandwidth.

• 29 posts
    November 27, 2011 5:46 PM EST

hi i am here to add my hosting experience .i got the best  hosting service from
    this site thewebpole here they provide free hosting service for each paid domain that we buy from them .
    they also render paid hosting service.i hosted large amount of my domains here , i choose ultimate plan hosting
    for hosting my sites for which they provide me the following offers they are
    ultimate plan:
    Unlimited Space+ & Bandwidth!
    1000 Email Accounts2
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    here we can Enhance our site with today's hottest hosting applications and utilities.i felt happy with their service.