Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Swimming pool health club

• 107 posts
    March 29, 2011 7:36 AM EDT

I think membership is a great idea. You get a growing pool and recurring income.

---
    Seo Consultant | Rattan | Microsoft Dynamics Nav | Autism Singapore | Industrial For Rent | Business Park | Gallbladder Surgery Singapore

• 19 posts
    July 28, 2011 8:24 AM EDT

They are definitely two good business to work well together. Especially if you health club is taking advantage of current health trends. Where I work, we have expanded to incorporate the popular use of a body wrap for weight loss and cellulite reduction. This has brought in more customers and tells the public that we are on top of current health trends.

---
    Nothing makes you feel of look better than body wraps.

• 3 posts
    November 7, 2010 2:39 PM EST

I'm kicking around an idea for a health club focusing on swimming and fitness, but using endless pool type pools instead if your typical multi-lane pool.

The main reason for this would be not needing as much physical space as olympic size pools require, which comes at a premium in Brooklyn, NY.  I partly got the idea from all the gyms that open up in spots usually taken by small boutiques and shops.  And by requiring less space, the hope is that a location could be open in a convenient spot for some of the wealthier residents to sign up.

I haven't done much research into the available options as far as swimming, pricing, or what problems people have with the existing places.  What I am trying to figure out is the scheduling of customers.

Say I'm able to install 6 such pools, each taking a single customer.  How would I handle 8 customers wanting to swim at the same time?  It wouldn't be like a gym where you just resign to use whatever machine is available if it is crowded.  Would some sort of a scheduling system be the best -- or even only -- option?

What about limiting the amount of time an individual customer can continually spend in the pool.  They can get out of the pool, get in line, and use it again once their turn comes.  The idea would be not to have "hogs", and to allow some turnover so that without a scheduling system, someone could show up and have a decent chance of getting into a pool if they wait a few minutes.

Interested to hear others' ideas.

• 3 posts
    November 10, 2010 3:51 PM EST

Both replies great pieces of advice.  Thank you!  Yup, I'm sure I'll have to do some leg work, but I already know that starting and running a business is hard work, no getting around that.  Thanks again.

• 64 posts
    November 10, 2010 7:51 AM EST

I say get out and talk with potential customers - see if 1) they would pay for somethign like this (as you are limited in your market area) and 2) How they would like to see it operated.

They are the ones who will be paying - thus, make sure youa re meeting their needs.

---
    Business Money Today
    Small Business Loans & Start Up Loans

• 26 posts
    January 24, 2011 3:12 AM EST

Health and fitness is something that we all require, how much ever we say that we are fit and healthy but deep down we know that there is great room for improvement. A swimming pool cum health club is a great venture, but you should also take into consideration that there is already enough competition. If there are no other health clubs in your vicinity then go for it.

Kimberly

how to treat hemorrhoids

• 1 posts
    April 18, 2013 10:27 PM EDT

I appreciate your idea. I hope you will get success in your business. But i would like to recommend you to review your business opportunity before you start it. Please visit here:http://

bit.ly/ZBxpOH http://bit.ly/ZBxpOH 

http://bit.ly/ZBxpOH