Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Logo Design

• 4 posts
    May 7, 2006 2:53 AM EDT
    Also if you`re on a tight budget and want decent quality I could recommend The Logo Company.  They won overall best in wired magazine.  Take a look: www.thelogocompany.com

---
    Marston Alfred
    Marston Innovation
    http://www.marstoninnovation.com/

Managed web hosting, marketing and clean web design for the non-technical small business and independent professional

• 39 posts
    July 19, 2012 7:19 AM EDT

I agree, you usually get what you pay for, but with so many outsourcing services available online these days, you can get some good material for very cheap.

I would recommend posing a logo design job on one of the many logo design community servies, where designers bid on your job. A lot of them will give you unlimited revisions and provide quality work. You may get cookie cutter designs but if you give the designer a good idea of your vision, image and branding ideas then it will help them transfer that into a logo that fits. For under $250 you can get a pretty good logo, but if you truly want something unique and bada$$ (branding package, identity, website, fonts, colors, etc) then expect to pay a few thousand.

I guess it all comes down to how serious you are about your business but you can definitely get some good graphics that are affordable.

www.99designs.com
    www.designcrowd.com
    www.logobids.com
    www.crowdspring.com

---
    Two Finger Rings, Double Finger Rings
    Micro Screws, Mini Screws, Small Screws | US Micro Screw
    Custom Screw Manufacturer | Custom-Fasteners.com

• 13 posts
    May 7, 2006 2:47 PM EDT
    My experience has been, you get what you pay for.

Big piece of advice - get the "native file" or no deal. Jpegs and PDF`s are great for review but without the native file your hosed if you want to use it on other stuff in the future.
    • 7 posts
    May 11, 2006 11:20 AM EDT
    Hi,

We recently did a logo design contest on Sitepoint.com and got about 10-15 different designs.  The winner was to receive $100.  Someone suggested this option to me, and I was skeptical.  But I gave it a whirl, got some bad designs, some good, but one we really liked and ultimately choose for our business.

You can check it out at our site, PipelineDeals.com.  The upper left blue/white spiral.  We also have a grey/white one.

Its just another option you have outside of the high end professional and in between the logo kit builders.

Nick
    • 7 posts
    May 11, 2006 3:57 PM EDT
    This makes it sound like I committed a crime.  Startups often can`t afford the $ to work with and receive multiple designs from one or more firms.

I don`t think there is anything wrong with asking designers to compete for business.  Small companies and even large often do business development work for free or on spec if you will.  Why?  Well, of course in hopes of it paying off in a long term relationship.

My logo contest resulted in $ for a firm.  Any by the way, I may give that firm more $ for additional design work.
    • 4 posts
    September 13, 2012 12:49 AM EDT

Logo Design is one type of Web Design work I don't have more idea about it.Thank you for sharing informative post.

---
    [url=http://www.saffroncurryhouse.com.au/index.html]Indian dishes[/url] || [url=http://www.saffroncurryhouse.com.au/about_us.html]Pakistani restaurant[/url]

• 10 posts
    December 2, 2011 1:29 AM EST

You`ll want to share some ideas about what you like, then have the designer send you some rough designs to choose from. You can then select what you like and have the designer refine the logo.

---
    How to Lay a Patio

• 5 posts
    September 2, 2012 12:34 PM EDT

I cant recomment this guys highly enough;

www.educated-design.com

• 31 posts
    May 12, 2006 10:03 AM EDT
    I own a small marketing consulting business that offers the services you`re looking for.  Feel free to give us a call and we`ll work with you to develop a logo that meets your needs.  If you`re REALLY tight on cash and just need something that looks decent quickly, I`d give www.logodesigncreation.com a visit.  Wired magazine reviewed a bunch of online logo development businesses and this one was rated very highly.

---
    Ryan J StarPointe Marketing Website Development, Hosting & Marketing Consulting

• 1 posts
    April 21, 2006 11:50 AM EDT
    As an owner of a marketing support business for small-businesses I`m involved with logo designs on a regular basis. We offer a logo design package for $185. It`s competative with internet design services. To make it work we have to have some real involvement from the client. We require the client to provide us with several samples of logos they like.They need to explain what it is they feel their logo should  say about their business. We need feedback about colors, shapes and a "look" (old fashion / natural / futuristic /abstract / etc.) that they feel conveys what their buiness is about. We do 3 quick ideas based on this input. Fron here we narrow the look with one revision and another review. We can then move to a final. We do all production in Illustrator so that we have a vector version. This vector art can be enlarged or srunk so that it can be used in all types of materials. It can also be made into a low res version for use on websites.
    In summary:
    Be very clear about what you looking to see.
    Try to find pictures, symbols, other logos that convey a sense of direction or look.
    Make a decision about colors.
    Once you have collected this input it`s less of a mystery about what you want.
    Check with your local colleges to see if there is a student that has a flair for design and art who you can hire. Check with your local SBDC to see if they have a referal to a local designer who is also starting up and can be you hands.
    Send us the job if you can`t find anyone locally, we can use the work.
    Steve Chapman
    XpressMarketing, Inc.

---
    Steve Chapman
    XpressMarketing, Inc.

• 25 posts
    April 23, 2006 2:26 AM EDT
    hi,

as many years as graphic designer i will give a few advises:

1. start with a single colour logo. imagine Apple. it works even with 1 colour.
    2. at least get a illustrator or vector version for the logo. do some research what is vector graphic and raster graphic. both have pros and cons. photoshop is raster graphic and that is not good enough as for logo.
    • 2 posts
    June 22, 2006 11:44 AM EDT
    A serivice just launched which I think startups will find interesting. It adresses all advice given in these posts and then some. You can browse a repository of logo designs and see if there is something you connect with there for you and buy it on-line straight away. Delivering inside of 24 business hours.
    Includes: logo created for print & web, as vector art in color (using PMS colors), at a resolution of at least 600 dpi, EPS, gif and jpg.
    http://www.logo4.us

---
    | Marko van der Puil | www.brains4all.com | Brains4All - Internet Consultants |

• 5 posts
    July 20, 2012 4:11 AM EDT

Why not use a DIY tool? Here's one that I like and that's free: www.graphicsprings.com.

• 1 posts
    November 26, 2011 12:57 PM EST

Once you have your final logo, be sure to have the designer save it in several formats for you.

---
    Sydney plumbers plastic cups

• 36 posts
    May 9, 2006 6:39 AM EDT
    What is PMS? (In color terms.) I understood everything else.

---
    VickiJ
    www.freshairjournal.com