Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Snap Fitness and Anytime Fitness OWNERS. I need your input.

• 107 posts
    June 7, 2010 9:24 AM EDT

You need to make the business a success before thinking about franchising. The start up cost for your business is rather steep and it comes with much risks. Make sure you get all the SWOT analysis all done up and have a solid 3 year cash flow projection.

---
    Seo Consultant | Rattan | Microsoft Dynamics Nav | Autism Singapore | Industrial For Rent | Business Park | Gallbladder Surgery Singapore

• 107 posts
    March 29, 2011 7:38 AM EDT
    • 2 posts
    January 26, 2009 8:53 AM EST
    I am thinking of starting a small fitness club, and have narrowed it down to either "Snap Fitness" or "Anytime Fitness" Franchise concepts. However, i would like to get some feedback from some current owners before i jump in.
    I hear that you can run them as an absentee owner. is this true?
    also, how much profit can one store generate? (is it worth the $200k+ investment)
    As an owner, is it something you would do over again if you knew what you know now?

i have more questions, but will leave it at that for now. (feel free to contact me direct if interested to chat)

thank you
    • 1 posts
    October 11, 2011 5:08 AM EDT

I have started a blog to help people on their fitness ventures....check it out fitrilla.com

• 24 posts
    August 26, 2010 8:41 PM EDT

Its always good to start with a few center, gauge the response of the fitness club members and make improvements if any suggested by members. As the popularity of the fitness center grows you can expand operations.

• 26 posts
    December 25, 2010 3:35 PM EST

I think it is terrific idea because we all need to remain fit these days and fitness center is a great place to work out. At a fitness center the place has their own fitness trainer so you do not have to hire a personal trainer you can always seek advice and create your own fitness routine in consultation with the trainer.

But you would need to put in place a good business plan, take advice from a business consultant or someone already successful in this field.

Kimberly from Dallas Texas

• 26 posts
    April 13, 2011 11:33 PM EDT

A fitness center, I am all for it. In many Asian countries the average weight of the people is on the rise and to live a healthy and active life fitness is a key thing. So I really support the idea of a fitness chain.

Visit our protein blog to learn about the importance of protein in your diet.

• 26 posts
    April 19, 2011 10:24 PM EDT

Prevention is  better than cure ,in a  same way treatment for hemorrhoids is  very necessary  so try this.

• 2 posts
    August 29, 2010 7:29 PM EDT

i like Snap Fitness better than Anytime Fitness, the snap just goes better with the health theme you know? I agree with the first commenter here, it'll be easier for you to buy an existing business rather than starting one from scratch. But if there isn't one to buy, you have no choice and you're dead set on putting up this business, make sure you go everything twice because that's a big capital you're putting out for it.

---
    web conversions goji

• 331 posts
    January 26, 2009 3:27 PM EST
    i recommended something similar for a post asking whether or not he should open a subway.

it is always easier to purchase an existing one rather than starting from scratch.  this way you can shadow/physically observe the business.  further, you have tax returns and financial statements to review. make sure you have a CPA do due diligence and audit them.

all that said, only you would know the prospects going forward. what is this business going to do different from the bigger competition down the road with newer equipment and better facilities?

---
    The Extra Money Blog
    Make Extra Money Online - Paid Surveys
    File an Airline Complaint - Sue the Airline
    Dubai Information
    Accounts Receivable Factoring
    Structured Settlements
    Raw Food for Dogs
    Care of Bamboo Plants

• 1 posts
    August 27, 2010 8:48 AM EDT

I think its a good idea