Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » New Member Welcome

• 25 posts
    March 19, 2013 12:16 AM EDT

hello ConnorL, best of luck for your business.

• 1 posts
    March 16, 2013 5:46 PM EDT

I am a young musician looking to get into small business. Being a musician, I have: a lot of time on my hands, creative initiative, and ideas flowing everywhere. I have been looking into online business courses to get me the ropes, and I am working on some primordial ideas. The stew is thickening every day! 

That being said, I am not heading up any idea to fruition yet.. especially since this idea occurred to me today. I thought the first logical step would be to go subscribe to some forums and places where this community is abound. I got some magazine subscriptions and newspaper subscriptions. Putting my feet in the water, so to speak. 

I'm sure it will be this way for a while, but eventually I will find the time (like, this summer when I'm just working part time) to put some ideas together and really get myself out there. 

A little about me...

I am 20 years old. I read an article today about 17 year-old millionaires... made me sick to my stomach.
    I am a double major in Music Composition and Vocal Performance. I intend to make a career on opera singing. It's most certainly a niche field, and a dying one at that. So, I am taking precautions. Hence my presence here.
    I'm not a dumb musician. Some people think musicians are dumb, but only some of them are.
    I am from Texas. And, I'm a ginger.
    Oh! And, I currently attend Indiana University. If I wasn't already a Sophomore, I might have considered a BSOF (Bachelor of Science and an Outside Field) and done some Kelley courses. But, I'm already kind of a track to Bachelor of Music. We'll see. Maybe... haha.

Thanks for the welcome!
    -Connor Lidell.

• 10 posts
    March 19, 2013 8:48 PM EDT

Welcome to the forum! I'm Loren. Nice to meet you and everyone.

---
    Vietnam travel-Mekong delta tours-Phoenix cruise