Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Legal Structures for Start-ups

• July 29, 2014 10:47 PM EDT
    For recent start-ups, what business structure have you selected and what was the reasoning. Same question for potential start-ups.

The business I started was a sole proprietorship mainly due to the ease of forming the business. I only need to file my DBA with the secretary of state to begin doing business. I provide professional services didn't require any additional permits.
    This post was edited by businessstructureshq at July 29, 2014 10:48 PM EDT
    • 1 posts
    July 31, 2014 2:36 PM EDT
    I would say it really depends on the type of business as well as where you'er located. Here's a good Quora post that explains it:

If you still need help I always say the best way to go about this process is speaking to an experienced startup lawyer. You can check out to find some awesome startup lawyers who can give you a free consultation.
  • August 1, 2014 7:28 AM EDT

Not sure that link really helps the conversation regarding start-ups in general. The article title refers to a complex business type. Location really plays not part in your selection. I would advise a business owner to weight each option and to understand what company structure is a good fit. Thanks for the response and I'll have to check out law trades.
    This post was edited by businessstructureshq at August 1, 2014 7:29 AM EDT
    • 30 posts
    December 4, 2014 2:15 AM EST
    For me before I start my business I followed the latest tax news in my county so I can track what are the latest tax update, because building a business without planning about taxes will end in a bankrupt.

By the way the site i used is the they have the latest tax news in many countries.
    This post was edited by edward222 at December 4, 2014 2:18 AM EST