Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

How to get small business grant

• 50 posts
    April 26, 2013 1:12 AM EDT
    Thanks for sharing the link of the article about getting small business grant. I have read the whole article and found it really helpful. Keep sharing more such posts.

---
    Invoice Factoring

• 26 posts
    October 18, 2012 12:36 AM EDT

Is that your article?  Plus, just to add a bit - the government does not really offer direct loans or direct investment with some exceptions regarding rural development loans through the USDA.   What the government does do is fund other lenders or investors and then let's them handle the day to day aspects of those loans or investments.

The only real ways for a for-profit business to get grants are: 1) If your local community (city, county government) has solicited government grant money to handle a certain issue in your area - say the demolition of abandoned homes.  So, the local government gets the grant.  Then, that same government gets out and solicits for local businesses to handle the job and the job gets paid with the grant money.  Other then that, grants (especailly government grants) just do not work for most businesses.  2) look to SBIR or STTR grants.

Now, grants for a certain group of people like women or minorities - they are not there.  The government or any entity that I know of does not have grant programs just for women or just for a certain group.  Now, that does not mean that your approval would not benefit from being in an underserved group - but, there are no grants just for women or other groups - no federal or state grants that is.  There are small (usually very small) private grants for women by other women owned businesses and we list several on our website.

---
    Business Money Today - Small Business Loans

• 8 posts
    October 2, 2012 3:50 PM EDT

I just came across this article "How to Get Small Business Grant for Women" and I thought that everyone should read it. I hope that everyone can benefit from it. I'm going to try and follow the steps outlined in the article to help me with my business.

• 5 posts
    October 11, 2012 10:15 PM EDT

Starting a new business ???????????

this points can b useful-

name of a firm

basic marketing strategy

Service area

• 17 posts
    October 11, 2012 2:09 AM EDT

The truth is that federal and state governments do not provide grants for starting and expanding small businesses. However, the U.S. government does offer a wide-variety of low-interest loans and venture capital financing programs to help entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. In addition, some federal and state agencies award a limited number of grants for very specialized business activities such as scientific research and development.