Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Search Engine Optimization & Advertising

Business Listings That Bring Traffic

• 10 posts
    June 25, 2014 11:41 AM EDT
    I've submitted my website to several directories. But now I want to present you to one that really stands out. Why? Because it's not used for the sole purpose of getting a backlink - it really does bring good traffic. I don't know why, but there are quite some referral visits from recommendedcompany.co.uk, which have spent much time on the website, viewed several pages, and the bounce rate is pretty low.

I know most of the popular directories but sadly they are good for linking purposes only. What I want to ask is whether you know any similar places to list my business and get customers?

www.recommendedcompany.co.uk/info/star-domestic-cleaners
    This post was edited by Davies at June 25, 2014 11:42 AM EDT
  • June 26, 2014 3:35 AM EDT
    List your business in several business directories that give potential customers to your business. Google places for business that make help you for local listing in your area, you want to increase your business.
    • 8 posts
    July 12, 2014 3:08 AM EDT
    I would recommend you to submit on UK classifieds for instant traffic as well as there are bright chances to getting an genuine enquiry too.
    • 6 posts
    July 15, 2014 4:42 AM EDT

Business listing is also known as a citation, which is a great technique to promote your business locally. If your business is specific to any region or any county, then you can submit your site to those specific region business listing sites.
    • 3 posts
    July 22, 2014 9:11 AM EDT
    Yes Business listing always divert traffic to your websites.
    • 23 posts
    July 29, 2014 6:17 PM EDT
    I've analyzed several website traffic but I can not really recommend any directories that broadly worked.
    It is strange, but the very focused listings with few (50-100) links over-performed the big directories' sub-directories...
    Maybe these multiple layered directory systems are not really preferred by humans - actually finding something in a big directory is a real challenge.
    • 3 posts
    September 9, 2014 4:12 AM EDT
    Make sure you use directories from your own country with a low Alexa Rank (less than 100,000) and high domain authority
    Colin@ http://www.clickonyou.co.uk