Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

SBA 7a loan for side business

• 50 posts
    December 20, 2012 12:02 AM EST

There are several private companies which provides fundings for starting up a new business and that too at lower interest rates. Hence, I would recommend you to search online for such funding companies.

---
    Invoice Factoring

• 1 posts
    July 23, 2012 3:52 PM EDT

Hello,

My wife and I currently both work 40 hr a week jobs.  Our household income is around $60,000 per year.  We are starting a wedding videography business and plan on doing that full time within the next 3 years.

We are looking to secure a loan of $20,000 for equipment costs.  Our marketing expenses can come out of pocket from out day jobs.  We will shoot the weddings on the weekends to maintain our normal work schedule.  We already have a website and shot 7 free weddings in 2011/2012 to create a portfolio to show prospective clients.

What is the best way to go about getting a loan?  It seems an SBA 7a loan is exactly what I'm looking for, but I figured I'd ask around.

I do not yet have a business license in the state of Colorado, and I'm pretty sure that is necessary in order to obtain a loan.  

Any help with where I go now would be great!  Thanks!

• 4 posts
    July 23, 2012 5:51 PM EDT

There's a company I've had experience with that basically gives you a free guide, showing you the steps to getting the funds you need. It's crazy, but there's a lot of things a lot of us don't think about when applying for loans or grants. There's a lot of potential money to get though if you play your cards right. The way this site does it is simple and really helpful. I'd encourage you to check it out: getbusinessfundingforfree.com. Good luck!