Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

How do I get people to go to my new website ?

• 1 posts
    December 6, 2009 9:29 PM EST

Hi Ray,

I had the same problem when I started - getting people to visit my site.

I read lots of free ebooks on traffic generation but none helped.

Lately I found a great mentor who led me through he whole process thru his video tutorial.

Joning a forum or groups is one of the techniques he recommended. You have done the right thing by joining this forum for  a start - but there is away of doing it correctly.

Click here to visit my mentors site

to grab his free turotial now before he puts a price on it..

It's free - no strings attached.

To your success

Nadzmi

• 39 posts
    December 4, 2012 6:22 PM EST
    I know very well it is hard task but not impossible first of all promote your site in related newsgroups and mailing lists, get included on the Web sites of the local newspaper and local directories.

---
    Best PSD To Joomla template

• 21 posts
    March 29, 2012 11:54 PM EDT

It all says to only the SEO. These SEO include link building techniques which is helpful to get more visitor to the website that you want to get it done. Link Building techniques include forum posting, blog comment, social bookmarking, directory submission and article submission. These will create a good quality of backlink.

---
    Magento Development India | Magento Developer India | Magento eCommerce Development

• 2 posts
    November 19, 2012 7:20 PM EST

Start with your own network.. Taking advantage of the power of social media can already drive traffic to your website. 

---
    SEO Outsourcing

• 13 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:57 PM EST

There is a variety of SEO companies and how they deal with payment. Some do monthly contracts or quarterly, it just depends on how they handle their clients. I would strongly suggest doing some research on the companies though so you don't get burned. They should also provide you with a set of deliverables that show you want they did and when.

---
    Higher Education Student Affairs

• 1 posts
    June 3, 2013 1:27 PM EDT

Lots of good advice in this thread. Also I like to add, it depends on what kind of business you are in. In some cases, you can use Facebook as a main tool to get visitors to your sites. Try Facebook ads program. It's cheaper than adword but if you use it well, you can drive lot of targeted traffic to your site. 

---
    girl games | games for girls

• 4 posts
    June 20, 2011 10:44 PM EDT

I would say you have 2 options. Either paid advertising or SEO. Paid is instant, SEO takes time.

---
    My first website: www.EbookReader101.org, Dont laugh.

• 7 posts
    June 3, 2013 8:19 AM EDT

Hi..

This is possible with the help of link building services. Yes of course! Using link building services, one  can able to get more traffic to their websites. Link building services that may include

• Posting a link in the Forum
    • Blog commenting
    • Guest blog posting, yahoo answers, External article posting
    • Posting in Wikipedia 
    • Press release

By following above link building services, one can able to get more traffic to their websites.

Here is the link that might be useful, Link Building Services

• 1 posts
    February 23, 2012 10:34 AM EST

Provide useful content that people will want to read and to link to. Use social media to help people become aware of your existence. Give it time.

• 2 posts
    April 10, 2011 11:41 PM EDT

It really depends on what kind of business you have and what kind of web site. Traffic won't do you any good unless they are there to buy what you have to sell.

• 9 posts
    April 15, 2013 1:48 AM EDT
    • 4 posts
    November 21, 2012 3:19 AM EST

Ray, you need to tell us what type of website you have.

All of the above is great material, but if you don't tell us what kind of website you're building it's same as walking into Home Depot and asking what kind of tools you need to work in your yard.

Entertainment websites work great with Social Media - Facebook, youtube etc.

Business websites - Google, SEO, Paid advertising

Personal websites - word of mouth

I could go on and on, but we could help better if you tell us what the website is about.

---
    Customers dont care how much you know, unless they know how much you care first

• 8 posts
    February 29, 2012 9:12 PM EST

You can increase visitors by using the SEO method..You can increase by using the social bookmarking, forum posting, blogging , article and directory submission etc., Or you may get the seo package at http://www.thewebpole.com/  .It helps to increase the visitors to your site...

• 34 posts
    February 14, 2012 6:31 PM EST

to increase the number of visitors to your site you need to promote your site first. Publicize your site to everyone with whom you communicate.

Submit your site to various web directories and reference sites.

Ask other high-quality websites to link to your website.

submit your website at social networking sites too. 

you can also follow some technical method like Search engine Visibility service from XnYnZ.com

• 4 posts
    February 23, 2012 12:29 PM EST

There so many ways to tell people about your new page. You can always post your link on your profile, tell your friends and family, on facebook (you can always create a page about your new site), et cetera.

---
    MSeaton

• 1 posts
    November 21, 2012 6:00 PM EST

Dozens of different ways, OP! First of all, I'd make sure that you have some SEO set, and that you have content that people would definitely be interested in. That's always a good place to start. 

---
    R & D Tax Concessions || Research Tax Credits

• 331 posts
    October 26, 2009 6:53 AM EDT

study the various avenues of internet marketing, stick to white hat (legitimate non trickery) methods and apply them consistently over a period of time. then focus on creating and delivering solid content

---
    The Extra Money Blog
    Make Extra Money Online - Paid Surveys
    File an Airline Complaint - Sue the Airline
    Dubai Information
    Accounts Receivable Factoring
    Structured Settlements
    Raw Food for Dogs
    Care of Bamboo Plants

• 331 posts
    June 21, 2011 6:04 PM EDT

traffic generation is a skill that involves several strategies, article marketing is just one of them.  to gain traffic, one must have a well diversified approach. try a mix of directories, pr, blog, forum, articles, and social marketing

---
    The Extra Money Blog
    Make Extra Money Online - Paid Surveys
    File an Airline Complaint - Sue the Airline
    Dubai Information
    Accounts Receivable Factoring
    Structured Settlements
    Raw Food for Dogs
    Care of Bamboo Plants

• 6 posts
    May 25, 2011 11:06 AM EDT

Good content is king. People like good content and they will spread the word and come back for more.

---
    Best Car Insurance Best Car Insurance Rates

• 1 posts
    December 6, 2012 3:29 PM EST

Blogging is the best first step, being that Google is basically a ginormous word reading machine always looking for fresh content!

Then, make sure you know who you are trying to reach, don't cast a wide net and expect visitors.

Next, make sure who you are trying to reach is aligned with your SEO.  

Finally, promote your post.  Once you post a new topic to your blog, thats only the begininng, post your new topic on sites like Squidoo, stumbleupon, ezines, and also do a press release.

Hope this helps!

---
    Quisha Paicely Your Business Is Small, Your Marketing Doesn't Have To Be Tips To Grow Your New Website

• 5 posts
    August 7, 2013 9:20 PM EDT

You can ask to do Search Engine Optimization to any company that specializes in it.

• 3 posts
    April 13, 2011 5:59 PM EDT

The fastest way to get visitor is to advertise using google adwords, it can get quite costly but it works if done right!

---
    I own the popular weight lost blogs: how to lose stomach fat and get rid of love handles

• 50 posts
    June 21, 2011 5:40 AM EDT

I think there are 2 ways. first, SEO/SMO, second, advertising.

---
    silicone bracelets | silicone wristbands | rubber bracelets | lapel pins | wristbands