Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Marketing gumball machines.

• 1 posts
    June 7, 2014 2:25 AM EDT
    I have a gum ball machine business. How it works is, a business agrees to allow me to put a gum ball machine in their location. I collect the quarters and refill the gum balls monthly. They allow me to do this because 25% goes to charity.

My biggest hurdle is getting good locations to agree to have one in. Their are types of businesses that are almost a guaranteed success if you can get them to agree to have one. The problem is, I'm in competition with a bunch of other guys to land these locations.

So far, marketing has been completely out of the picture and I have to take the more direct approach and do sales. I just don't know of a way to make marketing work when nobody knows they want a gum ball machine. Nobody actually looks for these things as they don't solve a problem in the majority of businesses.

What I need is a clever way to market these things. If I had locations coming to me that wanted these, and I was cherry picking places that are likely to produce high profits, I'd be a millionaire in no time.

The default way to get these things placed is through sales though. I'm not sure marketing can compete with sales here.

• June 14, 2014 1:15 PM EDT
    Are you interested in advertising your business through Instagram?
    • 2 posts
    July 22, 2014 8:06 PM EDT
    Hi There!

I think it's fantastic that 25% of your proceeds would go to charitable organizations. However, I think there should be another incentive for a business who allows you to do so.

Once you have a few businesses on board, then reach out for press attention. Host events that benefit the charities that you sponsor. Then create a killer social media campaign. The possibilities are endless.