Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Website Critique

Looking for critique of new legal site

• 8 posts
    May 13, 2014 6:02 PM EDT
    Hi, I'm trying to start an online law office and am finalizing the site. I'm an attorney, not a web designer, so I would love to get some comments on the site and how it can be improved. Thanks in advance:

http://seanmorrisonpllc.com/
    • 20 posts
    May 14, 2014 2:10 PM EDT
    Hi Sean,
    Nice work on the website! I flipped through the pages and scrolled down the home page, design-wise everything looks clean and attractive to me. Your logo is nice, especially the color scheme, the white/grey/red-orange gives a friendly yet professional impression in my opinion.

If I had to offer one critique I would suggest making some changes to the slides at the top of the home page. I would like to see them 1/2 as tall so the “Why Sean Morrison, PLLC” could be seen easier as part of the home screen without having to scroll down. I think the first slide is great, love the building background, it’s colors look good with the rest of the page. The text being white really pops, I would consider changing the backgrounds on the other 2 slides to something darker so you can make that text white. Keep the city theme, something like a highway at dusk, looking down a street in a busy city, something like that.

Looking good though, hope this was helpful and/or encouraging.
    • 8 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:19 PM EDT
    Thanks Rick, that was very helpful. I've had the same thought about those slides and will start looking around for something appropriate. I also took your suggestion and halved the slider so you can see the question above the fold.
    • 83 posts
    May 26, 2014 9:25 AM EDT
    Nice website.Clear and easy to navigate.
    • 8 posts
    May 28, 2014 10:04 AM EDT
    Thanks Aberit. Anyone got more suggestions on how to improve it?