Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

Choosing a Location for the Startup

• 2 posts
    April 29, 2014 5:45 PM EDT
    I plan on starting a business that requires programmers who know a lot about the backend of websites, ad servers, and data science. However, I live in the Los Angeles area. Would it be better to move out to the Bay Area or is LA a good place to headquarter the company.

PS: Pasadena to be even more specific than LA.
    • 2 posts
    May 15, 2014 4:23 PM EDT
    Hi I am sure that LA has quite a few good programmers too. They aren't all located in SFO. I think the startup costs (and competitive salary) in Bay Area is pretty high, living expense too. Just my 2 cents

cheers
    • 2 posts
    May 17, 2014 12:51 AM EDT
    Hey Dan,

Do you know if Pasadena (Northwest LA) has good resources? What are the salaries/living expenses/costs compared to SFO?
    • 8 posts
    May 28, 2014 10:09 AM EDT
    How big will the business be in starting up? Is this something where you could bring the programmers on as contractors working remotely? That might save you money, and a move.
    • 12 posts
    June 4, 2014 10:42 AM EDT
    unless you have the business at cruising altitude why go there? find somewhere less expensive, probably not in the States and build your business
    • 8 posts
    June 17, 2014 7:22 PM EDT
    nice thread..

www.mypartyproduction.com
    Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Orange County. My Party Production is specialize in coordinating and planning any kind of event for any occasion, such as Wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Executive Parties, Moroccan Ceremony and Moroccan events, Mimoona, Sweet sixteen and Birthdays. ,Event & Party Planner in Los Angeles, Orange & Ventura County.