Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Website Critique

Critique a entrepreneurial collaboration site

• 2 posts
    April 24, 2014 1:38 PM EDT
    Hey everyone!

We launched our website https://sproutr.co a couple months ago and I was hoping to get some opinions on the idea/design.

If you have any questions, critiques or ideas please let me know!
    Ryan
    • 20 posts
    May 9, 2014 10:46 AM EDT
    Hello Sproutr!

First off, really nice logo! I like it, the bulb/vine is a really accurate visual representation of what you’re going for.

I’ve just got one suggestion. As someone who didn’t know what Sproutr was, I recommend making your “About” page your “Home” page. It does a good job introducing what Sproutr is and might be better served as the first page new people see coming in. Then change the current “Home” page to “Talk” or “Discuss,” something like that. The info you have in the “Contact” page could serve as the “About” section.

Overall I like the design and flow of the site. If you ever want to do swipe banners or need help with web graphics I recommend http://www.freelancehour.com, they have professional designers with lists of services and prices.

I wish you the best, hope this was helpful, and good luck with Sproutr!
    -Rick
    • 2 posts
    May 9, 2014 11:42 AM EDT
    Thanks for your feedback! Really appreciate it.

I can agree with your suggestion. We are redesigning our about page and plan to make it the landing page as soon as we get the new design up. Check back in the next week or 2 and you should be able to see it.

Thanks for the link, I'll look into that if we come across a need for it. Really appreciate your help. Maybe I'll see you around the site? I'm sure our entrepreneurs would love this kind of feedback as well.

Thanks again!
    Ryan
    • 20 posts
    May 12, 2014 11:50 AM EDT
    Thanks Ryan! I'll certainly check back in on the site and look into joining up myself!
    -Rick