Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

I create all kind of websites how do I get customers?

• 1 posts
    March 27, 2014 8:41 PM EDT

I can create social networks, ecommerce, brochure websites, mixed websites with forum store social network, what ever you can imagine!

yet I find it difficult to get customers!!

I have my free toll number

and great fees, great design

what am I missing?

this is my website, hope you can give me any advice or feed back!

http://happyeffort.com/

• 3 posts
    April 16, 2014 2:34 PM EDT
    Are you doing any marketing? SEO, SEM, banner ads?
    • 4 posts
    May 4, 2014 5:38 PM EDT
    PM me. I can help out.
    • 2 posts
    May 7, 2014 3:16 PM EDT
    One of the best ways to sell services is with using testimonials from other clients. Get results oriented feedback from your clients about why they hired you, what results they received, and what they would say to others who were considering hiring you.
    • 2 posts
    June 5, 2014 8:22 AM EDT
    Update your website. Include a great portfolio. Add more details about yourself.( If I am to give you any business, I need to know exactly who you are.)

Aim for new businesses/ start-ups. They are a great target for web designers. Try to find the details from Companies House or their equivalent.
    Try to get target contact info from online business directories like Jigsaw, Zoominfo etc. Mail possible decision makers with a link to your portfolio. Be ready with your sales pitch when they get back to you.

You can also try online market places like elance, odesk etc.

Good luck!
    This post was edited by appsus at June 5, 2014 8:23 AM EDT
    • 12 posts
    July 12, 2014 1:22 PM EDT
    Find an association in an industry in your home town that interests you and infiltrate it. Become the "go-to-guy" (or gal) for that association for anything related to web stuff. Attend the meetings, answer peoples' questions, hand out cards. Even consider revamping the associations website and becoming a sponsor. You'll have all the leads you'll need.
    • 2 posts
    July 12, 2014 6:59 PM EDT
    The entrepreneurial community has now come together and addressed this problem. Far too many great products are starving out because they can’t secure start up sales. The solution from the entrepreneurial community is an Entrepreneur’s Showcase and the theory behind it comes from the T.V. show Shark Tank. Go to www.heatherslist.me and watch the Entrepreneurs Video and then watch the Intro Video and you will gain a complete understanding of this showcase and why it works. This is very interesting stuff and well worth the time to learn about it.
    • 5 posts
    July 12, 2014 8:08 PM EDT
    On the content side, develop some informational articles and place them in article directories. This will give you some broader exposure, but the networking I think would be your first step.
  • July 21, 2014 10:46 AM EDT
    Hi, you can also try freelancer.com It's very good website to outsource services and for little start ups with mine is great. You can find customers there
  • July 21, 2014 10:54 AM EDT
    If I can give you a suggestion: I just saw your website and it's cool as design. But for me, I'm Italian, old style European, when I see the slide like home page, a floating bunner full screen, I think immediately about strange companies, not trustfull. You have awesome portfolio but you have to scroll down the page to see that. I would have a better understanding if your homepage was on 2 column like services on the left and portfolio on the right. Morover you target start ups young people like me. If I see the low fee I think about scammers. But if you write on the website that you are a young freelance, I will trust you and love the idea to work with you ;) Good luck!
    • 22 posts
    July 23, 2014 5:20 PM EDT
    hello
    for me it is not persuasive enough. Hi-tech, but I do not know "why should I chose your service?", what is your distinctiveness factor?
    Without answering these questions do not expect high conversion rate.
    On traffic: forums, blog - where you will be able to show / introduce your works - and social channels as suggested above.