Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

10 Tried and True Ideas for an Online Business

• 6 posts
    March 13, 2014 12:09 AM EDT
    How to start an online Business

Hi all,

I have just updated my list of online Business ideas. I have included some success stories from ordinary people as I find that other peoples' business success stories can often be very encouraging.

The list covers ideas on how to get started with Affiliate marketing, Digital Downloads, eCommerce, Blogging and more.

If you’ve decided to take your show on the road, here are 10 ideas for Online Business to get you started.

Affiliate Marketing
    eBay
    Freelancing
    Blogging
    Writing Online
    eCommerce
    Digital Products
    Homemade Products
    Online Instructor
    Virtual Assistant

The list isn’t flashy. It’s built on tried and tested ideas for online business that endure the test of time.

If you can think of a few more ideas that fit the bill, let me know.
    You can read the full article here:

http://www.malleeblue.com/online-business-ideas-how-to-get-started/

Happy Start Up!
    This post was edited by davidtrounce at May 15, 2014 6:51 PM EDT
    • 2 posts
    May 15, 2014 4:41 PM EDT
    Great list and many of them require little startup capital. I have a list of business ideas that could help others out too.
    http://www.businessstartupwisdom.com/business-ideas-2014/
    This post was edited by DanTan5 at May 15, 2014 4:43 PM EDT
    • 6 posts
    May 15, 2014 6:38 PM EDT
    Thanks for the contribution, Dan.
    • 9 posts
    May 16, 2014 6:02 AM EDT
    Hello my fellow entrepreneurs, I have an idea for a productivity app/site wherein the user pays a flat fee of $10 to have a virtual assistant make a phone call on his behalf. Say for example the user wants to find out why his frequent flyer miles weren't credited to his account, but doesn't want to wait on hold until a rep takes the call. As an absolute noob, I don't know if it'd be better to develop this idea as a website, a phone app or both. I really thank you for any ideas!'
    • 6 posts
    May 16, 2014 6:40 AM EDT
    Slee,

My only thought is, by the time you explained your needs to the Virtual Assistant, you could have done the job yourself. How will you overcome this?
    • 9 posts
    May 17, 2014 6:37 AM EDT
    Hello David, totally get your point there but I've been in the call center industry for quite some time and have worked as customer service and most of their complaints are usually being placed on hold for 30 minutes or it took them some time to talk to a live representative, or even worse the representative takes a lot of their time just to resolve an issue, now why go through all the hassle when you can hire someone to do the job for you for only 10 bucks. I am also thinking of all kinds of services not just customer service...
    • 9 posts
    May 17, 2014 6:42 AM EDT
    most of them are busy, so instead of being stuck on the phone, they could be somewhere else doing more important stuff, so that's where we came in...
    • 11 posts
    June 2, 2014 9:22 AM EDT
    You should have links if you want to start an on line business
    • 9 posts
    June 2, 2014 9:25 AM EDT
    what kind of links? you mean to say a website?
    • 12 posts
    July 12, 2014 1:47 PM EDT
    Y'know, reading this post it got me thinking how sad it is how so many people have been unemployed for so long and so many don't know how truly easy it is to get started at least making some on-the-side income while they look for another job. I mean, all you really have to do is call pretty much any web company in your town and ask if they'll pay commissions for referrals and get to know the services they offer and why they feel they're the best. Then, any business you walk into or come into contact with, ask them two questions, 1. Is your website doing all you expected it to do? (Always the answer will be no) and 2. Are you able to change your content or do you have to wait a week or whatever for your designer to make the changes? (About half the time, they'll just say the website hasn't been updated in months or even years!)

Then, ask if they'd like to change either of those realities into opportunities for more leads and sales. ("uhh, yeah" they'll always say). Then get them in touch with your chosen web service provider company to close the deal. Money in the bank.
    • 6 posts
    July 12, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
    You are so right. I just developed a joint venture with a web company. I will be using them as a resource for my VIP Marketing Academy which services entrepreneurs and small businesses with tips and resources.

I will also be doing the company's social media (e-mail marketing, Facebook) and in return I get to market my academy through them. Sweet deal for me.
    This post was edited by klissell at July 12, 2014 8:01 PM EDT
    • 6 posts
    July 12, 2014 10:36 PM EDT
    Thanks for this simple and clear strategy for people wanting to make a start online.

A fear that many have is, where do I start, what if I make a mistake? My suggestion is that this is a big world and there is room for mistakes. You will learn as you go.

If you are a learning and prepared to work, you will do well.

David.

For those with their own website and asking about SEO for Beginners there are many good resources available, as well as many people who will help you - even for free.

http://blog.24sessions.com/seo-tutorials-for-beginners-top-5-seo-tasks/
    This post was edited by davidtrounce at July 12, 2014 10:37 PM EDT
    • 12 posts
    September 3, 2014 11:22 PM EDT
    Starting a business online is probably the way to go for those with little startup capital. As you start to earn money, you can use that money to either fund new businesses or expand your current online business and do so without having to quit your current employer.
    • 54 posts
    September 19, 2014 3:53 PM EDT
    Great list! Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

• 6 posts
    September 20, 2014 12:59 AM EDT
    There are a lot of online jobs. You just have to make sure you are getting one that fits your personality, time and talent. Here is a book that helps with that:
    http://b8f9five7lpkus4kylycw7kmgz.hop.clickbank.net/