Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Elevator Pitches

It's the Personality not the Pitch!

• 19 posts
    February 5, 2014 1:18 PM EST

I have found that regardless of how great of a pitch you have carefully crafted what tends to sell your business (idea, project, venture, etc...) is your personality. One can have the greatest pitch, but your personality is what tends to shine through that pitch. I've heard some amazing pitches, well rehearsed, perfectly crafted, but there tends to be a missing link, and that is the personality behind it. I am a true believer in the energy behind a pitch, and if i don't feel it, I won't buy it and I wont' invest in it. People focus on blowing their audience away with their pitch, but what they should focus on is their personality and the energy they put out with their pitch.

Any thought?

Want to work on that energy, over the years through some trial and error I have developed an amazing 6 day workshop that helps assist women become successful entrepreneurs while still being great mothers. And the best part, it's FREE! SIGN UP TODAY www.themomentrepreneurs.com

• 12 posts
    March 14, 2014 12:42 PM EDT

Really great point! The personality behind the pitch is everything. Whether you're meeting a potential customer, pitching an investor or looking to expand your team, having a clear and concise elevator pitch is critical to attracting interest in your business.

Your elevator pitch is a short overview of your business and products or services. It can be one of the simplest yet most powerful tools for a small business owner. Have you been struggling with your elevator pitch? Do you love your work but have trouble describing what you do in just a few words? Does your elevator pitch, well, just not sound like you? Not the real you, anyway.

I found a great deal with a pitch coach to help refine your pitch for anyone, male or female, at any stage of business! http://www.mosaichub.com/marketplace/view/perfect-your-pitch

Andy Winig is a true professional who will help you refine your pitch to help you knock it out of the park.