Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Homepreneurs

Using A Blog For Your Business (Part One)

• 4 posts
    October 30, 2012 10:54 AM EDT

Have You Underestimated the Power of Using a Blog for Your Business?

The majority of businesses owners online and offline are ignorant when it comes to using a blog for your business.  Most don’t fully understand what a blog is and what it can do for your business.

My goal here is to present to you the pros and cons of using a blog for your business so you can decide if you should make the investment.

First, let’s define what a blog is.  A blog is simply a mini-website.  It’s like keeping an online journal about whatever subject you want.  It allows you to expose yourself to the millions of people on the internet.

It does not matter what industry you are in.  In fact, some people don’t have businesses at all and have a blog just for the exposure.  Using a blog for your business is the most powerful way to get recognized by the major search engines and increase your organic rankings.

Organic ranked sites are the sites that you see in the middle pages of the search engines.  These sites are there because of their valuable content or authority platform.

If you are in business, this is where you want to be and using a blog for your business can put you there for years to come.

Some other major benefits of using a blog for your business are:

1. It establishes you as an industry expert.  If you are the one that everyone goes to for answers, your business will flourish.  Most of your peers in your industry do not invest in a blog so you are totally separating yourself.

2. Helps you target potential clients.  With your blog, you can discuss any topic that you want and if you are posting content relative to your industry and what your specific customers are looking for, you can drive TARGETED traffic to you.  Since they are looking for what you have to offer, you can close the sale with them much easier.

3. It gives you a valuable person to person connection.  Since, you can post content about anything including your hobbies, interest, family, etc.; people will feel a closer connection to you and trust you to give you their business.  When doing business online, this is vital for your success.

---
    Check Out My Blog at http://NowandForever100.com Christopher Harold

• 120 posts
    December 16, 2012 7:57 PM EST

Aside from making a shopping site, a blog is the most popular alternative to earn money online. You can be an affiliate where you earn in commission basis. You just need to promote the product by posting content to your site and once someone clicks your link from your blog and they buy the product, then you'll get a commission for it.

---
    Looking for the latest information on mortgage rates? Get a loan you love by visiting LoanLove.com and learn from our helpful experts.

• 1 posts
    January 4, 2013 3:28 PM EST

Agreed. Also, once you establish a solid blog, your credibility goes up and you can build your network through guest-blogging opportunities as well.

I'm constantly working with my clients to improve their Internet strategy through blogging.

Although, I think I have to disagree about mixing in family and hobbies (to a certain extent)... unless it's relevant and provides value.

---
    Entrepreneurship... livin the dream.

• 10 posts
    December 15, 2012 11:14 AM EST

I too believe in the power of blogs. They contribute to your site's content and it makes you an expert on your own field. Blogs are good source of back-links as well and a good way to build your own community. 

---
    Mike Banawa Expert Virtual Assistants for Hire

• 29 posts
    January 18, 2013 7:12 PM EST

Blogs can be really great if you use them professionally for your own business, You can post about the latest news from your business and update your readers and clients about the recent changes in company also you can grow you social circle which can benefit you more in business

---
    Online Accounting Degree

• 17 posts
    November 11, 2012 7:22 PM EST

Thank you for this very valuable post. I've read it with pleasure.