Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Accounting & Financial Management

Converting clicks into sales

• 4 posts
    April 4, 2007 7:47 AM EDT

After re-creating my website with do-it-yourself software because of a previous flaky web designer, I now have what I feel to be a great looking and easy to navigate website.  However, I’ve not been able to convert one click to a sale.  What am I doing wrong?  I’ve offered several things including free shipping, 100% satisfaction guaranteed and price matching.  What can I do to turn a click into a sale?

• 4 posts
    April 4, 2007 7:49 AM EDT

I almost forgot...here`s my website to give me your suggestions!

www.urbanbinky.com

• 4 posts
    April 4, 2007 12:26 PM EDT
    I actually do have an eBay store as well.  I`ve had more success there and some sales, but not as many as I`d like.  I`m not familiar with Subscription Layway so I`m not sure if I can offer it or not.
    • 4 posts
    April 10, 2007 1:22 PM EDT

Thanks for your feedback.  I have done my research and not too many websites offer the same lines of clothing that I do, however if they do, I`m priced competitvely.  I do think Layaway is a viable option I could consider and will look more in to.  I`ve not spent enough time or money on marketing other than a Google Adwords campaign so that will be my next step. 

• 14 posts
    April 10, 2007 12:20 PM EDT

Camp Steve has made a point, you may need to re-evaluate your marketing structure and the type of customers you are trying to lure. 

Have you done research for the products you are selling what are your other competitors retailing the same product you are selling, including ebay.  What makes your product better than your competitors, why should they by from you, what other positive points buying from your company do the customers have an advantage at.

Lay-a-way subscription is a marketing strategy that I have not seen or mentioned in a online retailer, you might want to look at that.  Since it is lay away, you will have more accounts receivables (a asset) than one time revenues.  It is still a positive on your business activity.  However, since they will be paying on installment until their accounts will be paid in full, you will have to consider storages and other expenses to follow for keeping the customers items on hand till they are shipped.  Are you aware of sales tax liability based on delivery and not where it was shipped out of?  What state are you in? 

Bree