Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

Market Research...

• 2 posts
    January 11, 2014 4:23 PM EST

Hi All,

So, to put it simply I plan on creating a functional app. I plan to invest a decent amount of time in developing, creating, and marketing my business, to say the least.

I have a few ideas in mind, but have not decided on which Idea to settle. I do know I want to make something that improves people’s lives (via increasing efficiency, in a general sense). Of course, I want it to be a revenue driver.

First, though... I have an important question.

Where, or how, can I conduct the best market research on which apps are downloaded the most, and by which demographics… and what the estimated revenue the app studios make in the process? Which sell the most? Etc...

Thanks in advance for your help- It really means a lot,

Krishan

• 11 posts
    January 16, 2014 8:21 PM EST

There are some industry report websites that might provide the information you need to get an idea of what the market is like.

• 1 posts
    January 17, 2014 1:25 AM EST

google it put like (your field/industry) statistics or like your  industry trends

• 4 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:27 AM EDT

Don't forget about advertising. Besides, you may use Google adwords management, I mean ppc to promote it and find users of your app.

• 3 posts
    July 7, 2014 12:24 AM EDT
    See reaching a milestone with your app of generating high revenue is not easy. But you can search on android market and windows app store about the similar applications and see the number of downloads and reviews. Reviews will give you a correct overview about the application.
    • 27 posts
    July 9, 2014 4:49 AM EDT
    Thanks for this. I agree with you.
    This post was edited by Terryhopper at July 9, 2014 4:52 AM EDT
    • 49 posts
    July 9, 2014 12:27 PM EDT
    Before start business research you have to research on potential customer and gathering statistics, report and other data from company. Amazon appstore and Google apps are best for business research.