Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

Market Research...

• 1 posts
    January 11, 2014 4:23 PM EST

Hi All,

So, to put it simply I plan on creating a functional app. I plan to invest a decent amount of time in developing, creating, and marketing my business, to say the least.

I have a few ideas in mind, but have not decided on which Idea to settle. I do know I want to make something that improves people’s lives (via increasing efficiency, in a general sense). Of course, I want it to be a revenue driver.

First, though... I have an important question.

Where, or how, can I conduct the best market research on which apps are downloaded the most, and by which demographics… and what the estimated revenue the app studios make in the process? Which sell the most? Etc...

Thanks in advance for your help- It really means a lot,

Krishan

• 11 posts
    January 16, 2014 8:21 PM EST

There are some industry report websites that might provide the information you need to get an idea of what the market is like.

• 1 posts
    January 17, 2014 1:25 AM EST

google it put like (your field/industry) statistics or like your  industry trends

• 148 posts
    March 21, 2014 10:55 AM EDT

Hey guys,

we are Fabian and Ivan from Hamburg, Germany and try to realize our lifetime dream through Kickstarter (Crowd funding).

In fact we dislike self-promotion in terms of spam but in our current position there is no other possibility and otherwise we can bury our lifetime dream.

Our plan is to found a new fashion brand. Fashion means to us shoes, fragrances for him and her and headphones. Our marketing-concept is based on promotion through celebrities. In the past it was possible to us to get a good connection to popular people. There onto we want to open a store in Los Angeles, Hollywood to emphasize the elegance and exclusivity.

For our big plan we need 3.5Mio € to be competitive on the international market. In this cause we published our intentions on Kickstarter to get our project financed through crowd funding.

It would be awesome if you support us. Every euro brings us further and of course we have little considerations for you helping us.

We got after 12 hours almost 12.000€.

We thank you with all our heart and you can have a look at the following link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1487919235/los-angeles-wings-shoes-fragrances-headphones

Best regards,

Fabian and Ivan

• 3 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:27 AM EDT

Don't forget about advertising. Besides, you may use Google adwords management, I mean ppc to promote it and find users of your app.

• 3 posts
    July 7, 2014 12:24 AM EDT
    See reaching a milestone with your app of generating high revenue is not easy. But you can search on android market and windows app store about the similar applications and see the number of downloads and reviews. Reviews will give you a correct overview about the application.
    • 8 posts
    July 9, 2014 4:49 AM EDT
    Thanks for this. I agree with you.
    This post was edited by Terryhopper at July 9, 2014 4:52 AM EDT
    • 49 posts
    July 9, 2014 12:27 PM EDT
    Before start business research you have to research on potential customer and gathering statistics, report and other data from company. Amazon appstore and Google apps are best for business research.