Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Valpak Direct Marketing

• 8 posts
    April 7, 2007 12:54 AM EDT
    Does anyone have experience marketing through valpak.com?  If so, I would be grateful if you could share your experience (what worked, what didn`t, etc.).

If you haven`t advertised through valpak mailers, I am also interested in customer feedback.  Example: If you receive these mailers every month, do you even bother opening it and scanning the content? 

The customer segmentation is very attractive and seems like a worthwhile partnership.  Seems like would need to do tons of market research (test messaging, design) and conduct pilots before I could expand the campaign to get the best bang for the buck.

Thanks!
    Sunrisemgmt2007-4-7 17:12:7

---
    Brion Lau
    Executive Publisher
    http://www.financialfitnesspro.com

• 8 posts
    April 7, 2007 3:22 PM EDT
    Great.  Open to other suggestions.  I`ve also been experimenting with online marketing (i.e., free online classifieds, online chat boards, squidoo).  

---
    Brion Lau
    Executive Publisher
    http://www.financialfitnesspro.com

• 8 posts
    April 7, 2007 9:29 PM EDT
    Also keep in mind, it`s usually housewives that look through these val-paks...you may want to cater to the female crowd.  To make yourself stand out, you may want to study some copywriting and put an overt attention grabbing headline 

---

"Discover How I`m PERSONALLY Helping Entrepreneurs Make Money On The Internet..."

• 38 posts
    April 7, 2007 7:14 PM EDT
    I haven`t used Valpak for marketing purposes as it probably wouldn`t be the most efficient for the business I am in.  However, as a consumer, it`s a hit or miss thing.  Sometimes the whole envelope gets thrown out and other times I`ll quickly scan through it.  The one`s I tend to use are coupons for restaurants/food.  I like to eat haha.  Seriously though, I`ve noticed that for some industry types that advertise in Valpak there seem to be 3-4 coupons/ads for the same industry.  Depending on what you are marketing, it may be a good source, especially if you are a unique business type within the mailer.  Just like print media in magazines, I`m sure it`ll take a couple of runs with Valpak before you can do any major analysis on it`s effectiveness for your business.

---
    Oliver Mupas
    United Bank Card
    866-207-6007 ext 303
    omupas@ubcnetworkonline.com