Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Customer Service & Customer Experience

Who uses a Virtual Assistant?

• 1 posts
    December 31, 2013 5:20 AM EST

As a Virtual Assistant myself, I'm interested to know;

1. Who uses a Virtual Assistant (industry)?
    2. What tasks do you outsource to them?
    3. Is this cost effective to your business?
    4. Do you use a VA on a regular basis or just for "one off" jobs?
    5. How did you find your VA (i.e. Internet search, Yellow Pages, Word of mouth, etc)?

Anyone who has the time to reply, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    Cindy

• 3 posts
    April 16, 2014 2:48 PM EDT
    Quick advice is have them do a small task and if they perform well, give them another. Personally, I use AMEX's concierge service for basic things. Obv not an option for everyone.

AskSunday is a well known service
    • 5 posts
    June 30, 2014 6:28 PM EDT
    My company provides services such as answer calls, book appointments and make follow up calls which helps to free up a lot of time for the business owners we work for and these services are much less than a virtual assistant. Just my humble opinion but if I were going to pay $15-$20 hr for a virtual assistant I wouldn't have them doing small things such as answering phones. I'd save the more complicated projects for a VA.
    • 4 posts
    July 11, 2014 2:38 AM EDT
    Many industries use VA as an additional help. Administrative, secretarial, medical, law, eccomerce,netwoks, marketing etc... About the task I suppose it depends of what you need the VA to do and what are the VA skills. It is definetly a cost-effective way to grow or keep up your business.

You can find a VA on diferent freelancing websites. Many of them around online.