Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Doing Business in Spanglish?

• 107 posts
    July 22, 2010 6:16 AM EDT

It's good to have multiple languages support on websites. That way, you would maximize your business exposure.

---
    Seo Consultant | Rattan | Microsoft Dynamics Nav | Autism Singapore | Industrial For Rent | Business Park | Gallbladder Surgery Singapore

• 5 posts
    March 28, 2012 1:23 AM EDT

In fact it can be of great advantages to your business, if you have multilingual support of your website. As foreign clients can easily understand that what your site is all about and what it offers, they can easily show interest in working with your company.

---
    translation services

• 4 posts
    January 31, 2007 12:16 PM EST

Does it really matter if your business can attract multiple cultures? Some say no and some say definitely?

A long time ago it did not matter what language you spoke., what customers you attracted, as long as you spoke English and the Brand was targeted to a domestic customer.

Ever since the internet came alive, the old rules don`t apply, and we don`t know what the new rules will be. Being flexible, adaptive,and able to serve the global marketplace is what will increase  revenues, customer service and maket reach. There is no doubt that English is the number one language of business but imagine if you could use the number two language of business to increase revenues, customers service and  market reach.

41% of minorities in the US are hispanics, (hot social topic)  reaching this customer base was very difficult in the past, but with the advent of the itnernet you can do this almost instantly. The technology to offer these capabilities are available and easier to implement than we think. 

Here is the bottom line: We need to consider the option of doing business with global customer or even domestic customers in there native language. Depending on the products and services you are offering, customers want to know exactly what they are buying and what the terms and conditions are. 

Doing this in the native language gives your brand, your company, your customers the confidence that they are buying what they expected.  Yes we should all speak English but having the option  to speak Spanglish will make the difference in the future. Think about giving the option to your customers to do business globally.

Hector2007-1-31 20:51:34

---
    BlanketSlippers.com Sit with it - Lay with it - Stand with it Be Comfortable the Rest of Your Life

• 4 posts
    February 1, 2007 1:16 AM EST
    English is the first choice of any site or business. The Spanglish option would be there  for those who want to selected. Remember its the second language of business.  Let`s think about it as a switch, you turn on the switch when needed.

---
    BlanketSlippers.com Sit with it - Lay with it - Stand with it Be Comfortable the Rest of Your Life

• 4 posts
    February 2, 2007 1:46 AM EST

I guess, we are misunderstanding the threads of the post, remember that English is the preferred language, if you are able to offer services in Spanish, more power to you. As far as who would handle your customer service, that would be a decision that is made because your market demographics are telling you that your customers do want to have Spanish as an option. 

As you reach out to those markets and your business intelligence tells you that your customers are by-lingual, and want to do business with you in Spanish you simply start small and grow fast with services in Spanish.   If I am a customer who is going to spend “X" dollars with you and want to speak in Spanish when I place my order, or have questions that is a good sign those services are needed, so having pockets of Spanish capabilties pay for them selves.

Hector2007-2-2 12:18:46

---

• 56 posts
    January 31, 2007 3:27 PM EST
    Agreed!  So far I have my site in English, French and Spanish.  I want to have a few more languages by the end of the year.  The more difficult thing that I`m finding is the need to support my customers in those languages.

---
    Daniel the Denim Doctor

• 6 posts
    February 1, 2013 5:30 PM EST

These days, interpreters and translators are in high demand to do business smoothly with foreign countries. Hence, to make sure that your business earn great profits and fame, take help of professional translators or a translation agency.

---
    Translation Agency

• 16 posts
    March 28, 2012 8:17 AM EDT

looks good

• 16 posts
    March 30, 2012 11:30 PM EDT

Good thinking..  

• 89 posts
    March 29, 2012 4:21 AM EDT

A business that can work in multiple languages is cool.

---
    http://www.funpromotionalproducts.com/ Promotional Products Supplier - Promotional Calendars

• 335 posts
    February 1, 2007 3:38 AM EST
    whatever helps you build a tighter resonance and relationship with your target market is worth considering... the relationship is sagrado.

---
    Rich Sloan , Co-Founder, Chief Startupologist, StartupNation