Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Search Engine Optimization & Advertising

What is URL Masking?

• 21 posts
    July 1, 2013 12:02 AM EDT

First time i am hearing about this. I really don't know about any type of masking.

---
    Comparison for Cars, Mobiles, Restaurants and Hotels

• 36 posts
    July 10, 2013 5:57 PM EDT

Url masking means that the visitors to the domain name will be forwarded to your destination website. however the URL in their browser address bar will remain the same.

https://www.email.biz

• 79 posts
    June 28, 2013 4:15 AM EDT

Hello Guys,

URL masking is covering up a URL with a different on. It presents one URL when the actual URL is something different. share your feedback.

Thanks.

---
    SEO Company India | SEO Service In Sydney | SEO Company Australia

• 1 posts
    July 5, 2013 9:52 AM EDT

URL masking can be done quite easily in a number of ways.   The most reliable method i've used is using a DNS service and nameservers of a hosting company (Godaddy offers this service) to forward one domain (the one you want to visitor to see) to another (the one that is being masked).  Other methods include using mod_rewrite (for Apache servers) or inline frames / framesets in HTML.  Google "domain masking" for tons of resources and other methods.

• 5 posts
    July 5, 2013 4:53 AM EDT

Hello Guys,

URL masking is covering up a URL with a different on. It presents one URL when the actual URL is something different. share your feedback.

Thanks.

Can you elaborate about a bit more what actually URL masking?I am googling  about  how its possible to make a URL masked one.

---
    http://www.webhostingjam.com/reviews/ipage-review/

• 12 posts
    July 1, 2013 11:32 PM EDT
    • 51 posts
    July 4, 2013 11:28 PM EDT
    URL Masking means that the visitors to the domain name will be forwarded to your destination website; however the URL in their browser address bar will remain the same. Also known as Stealth Redirection or URL Hiding, this will ensure that your visitors see the original domain name and not the destination URL.

---
    SEO Services | Web Development Services

• 30 posts
    July 4, 2013 9:17 PM EDT
    • 6 posts
    July 7, 2013 9:28 PM EDT

URL masking is the process of hiding actual domain name of the website from the URL field of the user's browser in favor of another name

---
    [url=http://www.advancedreputationmanagement.com]corporate reputation management[/url]