Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

5 Best Freelancing Websites

• 1 posts
    February 5, 2013 5:19 PM EST

Elance Logo

Elance is the best freelancing website undoubtedly. This is a UK based website that began in 1998. Not only is the oldest and most popular, but also is the site that pays more. Contractors on this site are looking to have their work professionally done, and they will have to pay good money for it. No matter what type of freelance work you abide you looking for; chances are you will find here many jobs. Since there are over 1.5 million registered contractors on Elance so you can choose any of them!

This website has many job options, especially with EP and reliability of payment guarantee through different methods, making it the best freelance website in the world. Elance will not charge anything for signing up. However, there is a pay package that opens many privileges for you. But my advice is that you get a free membership, and work your way to be unique.

ODesk Logo

ODesk is number two just because it is not as well known as Elance. But do not think that is fair to the site. Quality is one of the best of this website. You can find any kind of work on oDesk. I personally I have experience in this type of writing that provides oDesk work, and it was amazing. I was a beginner, and I did not know which way to go. ODesk made ​​things so easy for me. And I chose to work with such ease that surprised me.

oDesk has all the features that have Elance. But there must be a reason why it is the number one itself, right? Well, that is, oDesk doesn’t pay well as compare to Elance. The average rates for the same type of jobs are lower than in Elance, but still better than many other websites. It's a small difference but other than that, oDesk is great.

Freelancer Logo

Like Elance, freelancer is also one of the oldest independent work platforms. It is very popular and has over 3.6 million users! And has a total job count of more than 1.6 million dollars! This is a website that pays well, with most of the features of Elance and oDesk. It has some of the best payment options, which is useful for people who have no access to your country PayPal.

Solutioninn Logo

Solutioninn.com is ranked four. And rightly so! Compared with Elance, ODesk & Freelancer, Solution Inn is a very small platform. However, it is dedicated majorly to programming, the I.T & Business fields. So if you are looking for coding, other computer-related jobs and Business Management Projects, then this may be the best choice for you! The fact that this is comparatively smaller website makes it easier for you to get a job! The charge for using the service Solution Inn is only 15% to 30% of all profits, which is the lowest by far the above! Furthermore, there is no registration & posting fees.

Guru Logo

I think its name speaks for itself. Guru is really a guru platform for freelancer. It is also one of the most popular websites, as Elance, freelancer & Odesk, and many similar features. But the only drawback is that if you have a free account with them, then you get a very limited number of offers that can be used per month. It's kind of murderer in the mood for a great website. But, in general, is a very good website. You can always try other sites while working on this case. So register now and use your bids!