Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

Substantial Capital Investments

• 1 posts
    November 22, 2013 12:45 AM EST

Greetings,

I own a prestigeous start up in the rapid growing Digital Out-of-Home Advertising industry that sell ad slots on an innovative new type of digital outdoor media platform. We have a patent pending on a new system and method for advertising. Our mission is to systematically level the playing field for affordable outdoor advertising between small, medium and large businesses. I have already invested 20k into a minimum viable product (MVP), whereby advertisers will upload, self-manage and feature their own campaigns in one stop shop fashion via our sophisticated web portal. 

My question/inquiry is regarding securing a substantial amount of capital for a "start up." What is the maximum amount I can require from an interested Angel or VC without turning them off? There is significant value in my business and the numbers justify it. Our business model includes a pricing strategy that will yeild a premium on our digital displays by virtue of a counter intuitive method of maximizing profit. We are seeking 20+ million, which will include my own personal investment of 150k. The funds will be used for purchasing digital display inventory/assets, employee compensation, marketing & promotion and operating expenses.

I would appreciate informed and professional opinions and suggestions, as well as serious inquiries. 

Kind regards,

M-C

"The man who stops advertising to save money is the man who stops the clock to save time" ~ Henry Ford