Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Search Engine Optimization & Advertising

What if I am against SEO?

• 10 posts
    November 17, 2013 1:07 PM EST

Due to my past experience with search engine optimisation I consider it a negative strategy in the long run. Why? Because my domain is going to be up the rankings for several months, but after that it will be all gone. I had some optimisation services for the website of a cleaning company I work for. The results were excellent until the site went down - now it cannot find its way up.

For the new website of the Cleaners in Kingston I am thinking of something different and I wanted to ask you - is it possible for a business website to appear on 1st page without any optimisation? Looking for your opinion.

This post was edited by Davies at February 17, 2014 2:55 PM EST
    • 8 posts
    November 29, 2013 3:29 AM EST

First question, was the optimization specifically SEO? SEO is more along the lines of content writing and syndicating that across the web via press releases, article submissions and directory sites. Pretty much backlinking domains with substance is the core of every SEO strategy.

I see you've done a a few optimizations to your site - metadata and opengraph.  Looking further at your site statistics shows that there was almost no 'SEO' being done to your site.

Maybe they were driving traffic through paid methods such as Adwords (PPC) or cheaper ways such as CPV (Cost per View).

Even if your website went down, the 'SEO' should remain because it's tied to your domain, not the hosted files.  Unless, of course, you lost all your pages and you failed to recreate them.

To get on the first page of the search engines without optimizations? PPC (Pay per Click) is probably the only way.

You may target short-trend keywords which suddenly get popular but for your industry, it's unlikely.

• 10 posts
    December 4, 2013 10:01 AM EST

Sorry, I've put the question wrong. By SEO I meant linkbuilding in the form of article writing, blog commenting, directories, etc. I know my site should be optimized on-site. Still, I got some decent ideas for your reply.

Thanks, Vuumarketing!

This post was edited by Davies at March 24, 2014 3:13 PM EDT
    • 8 posts
    December 4, 2013 5:11 PM EST

Davies, 

Your welcome!

However, linkbuilding is exactly what I'm talking about!  There's almost no backlinks for your site... at least on the MajesticSEO database.

Here are your web stats - PR - 0, CF - 18, TF - 0.

CF - Citation Flow (measures a web page's importance from 0-100) - comparable to Google's PR

TF - Trust Flow (measures a web page's authority/trustworthiness from 0-100)

Continue writing useful content in your blog and building backinks!

• 10 posts
    December 10, 2013 2:03 PM EST

Thanks Vuu!

I know and do check the backlinks of my websites. 

You're right and I can build good links, but my question was more like "is there another way". If I don't like the artificial content building (articles, blog posts).

By the way, what do you think about forum links?

• 2 posts
    December 11, 2013 12:56 AM EST

Forum links definatly gives the backlinks and helps in Page rank. But searching for forum links is not easy job. If you not follow the guidelines of forum posting sites they block your IP address permanently.

• 10 posts
    December 11, 2013 9:55 AM EST

Thanks, Stefan!

This is why forums should be respected. Administrators and moderators put quite a lot of work for random spammers to ruin it all in days. This is why it is good to participate in forums where you can contribute.

• 4 posts
    January 14, 2014 7:09 AM EST

Im guessing that the SEO method that was adopted by the firm you hired was wrong. There are 2 ends to SEO. Black Hat and White Hat. Black Hat can have your website blacklisted. Which i think is your case. Soi think you need to started using the White Hat method. Obviously that can help! SEO is not a waste of time if it is done right.

The firm you hired was probably spamming and it resulted in your website's falling!!

• 72 posts
    April 7, 2014 9:15 AM EDT

If SEO didn't help it was done wrong. It's necessary today, even AdWords campaigns are connected with SEO.

• 4 posts
    June 5, 2014 11:51 AM EDT
    I'm still new to all this stuff and am still learning about SEO. But what I'm sure about is that it needs to be continual. Like you said, if you stop, then your page won't be coming up at the top of results. Just know that your biggest competitors will be working hard on SEO and will have an advantage if you stop or slow down. I know it takes a massive time commitment, but I guess that's what happens when we have websites that want to do well.
    • 8 posts
    June 5, 2014 3:59 PM EDT
    If you have limited resources, the last thing on your mind should be SEO. There's just too much to think about, track, configure and waste time on.

The last thing, but you should always think about it! Everything you do, the website you build, the emails you send, the blogs you write should help your SEO campaign. However, if you focus on SEO, you're not focused on the customer and that destroys SEO, which is ORGANIC.

Know it's important, understand the concepts but STOP THINKING ABOUT SEO - IT'S A WASTE OF TIME. Just focus on engaging and creating more contact with your prospective clients.

If you want more information on getting the best head start you can get, message me and we'll talk over the phone, using visual guides.
    • 7 posts
    June 16, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
    I wouldn't really recommend being against SEO. Having a well optimized website is beneficial for both SEO, Social Media and PPC advertising.

---
    Brian Mell Assistant Marketing Coordinator BannerView.com

• 3 posts
    June 17, 2014 2:34 AM EDT
    I am not against SEO. If any site has good contents and good long tail keywords with popular brand or products then it will be very easy to get ranked in SERP. But it may be temporarily. SEO optimization brings good backlinks for a website. Which will pass link juice to that website. So SEO is necessary to get a well optimize website.