Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Need A Website For A New Startup

• 2 posts
    October 24, 2013 3:49 PM EDT

Should I use something like Strikingly? A couple of my fiends are using it. It's super easy, but I'm not entirely sure about the single page design. Is it effective? The design looks very clean and professional. I'm just wondering.

• 1 posts
    October 24, 2013 4:10 PM EDT

Thanks for your recommendation Catherine! I'm trying it out and I like it a lot. I started to see more of these single page sites on the internet, and I'm also wondering if it's the trend.

• 62 posts
    October 29, 2013 11:38 AM EDT

I like them too.  Wondering what the effect is on SEO.  

Document Search |Search for files

• 50 posts
    October 31, 2013 12:23 AM EDT

DIY web design is in now. You have options: Strikingly, Webydo, Adobe Muse, or any Wordpress theme relevant to your business. They will all work for you. 

Other options: 

Bounce, Weebly, Jimdo, and wix.com

---
    Hire Me To Write For You Join for Free &Throw Open Your Life to Change
    Bid and Win Insane Deals

• 62 posts
    October 31, 2013 4:59 PM EDT

Vapourlock,

What about message boards and forum options.  Inbeded and hosting

Document Search |Search for files

• 10 posts
    November 5, 2013 4:18 PM EST

I am a huge admirer of wordpress for business. Google also seems to like it, in terms of search results. Take a look at my latest project done on this platform. Star Domestic Cleaners is clean and simple, it is all about providing the visitor with all the information he/she looks for, and thus a positive experience leading to a purchase.

• 40 posts
    November 12, 2013 10:11 AM EST

There are so many ways to get a website. If you want to build one by yourself without any technical knowledge then free website builder tool is the good option. but there are various free website builders available in the market which allow small business owners to create a professional website.you can also try free website builder tool http://www.webstarttoday.com and it's extremely easy and comfortable to use. It also offers a lot of features like attractive designs, content, uploading of images and videos, photo gallery, SEO, monitoring, hosting, domain name purchase etc.

I actually work for a web development company myself (so check out my profile), and we just released an eclectic range of responsive web designs - specially for the smart end-users, and all absolutely free!

I'd also love to know what features the average user is interested in, so drop me a message if you ever want to chat about developing your own site!

---
    Free Website Builder : Create a Free Website for Small Business | WebStartToday.com

This post was edited by AngelaAdam at November 12, 2013 10:12 AM EST