Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Homepreneurs

Looking for Co-op Ideas for home workers

• 11 posts
    June 18, 2013 1:07 PM EDT

hey guys!

I have been working as a freelance graphic artist in the Austin area for about 5 years now and I am SO tired of being lonely at home all the time.  Networking is ok but still.. I do it all alone.

I've been thinking about the possibility of starting a co-op... co-working environment for people like me, that could serve as a networking opportunity, a hang out, someplace to bounce ideas off each other etc...

I would love for it to include a conference room for meeting clients, as well as possibly even a front desk, retail environment where small business owners could come in and view portfolios to hire co op members etc..  I've considered adding in a nice laser print center, seo aggressive website with online portfolio, monthly ads in local community paper (( which actually is still widely read )).

What would draw you to join a co op?  What would you be willing to pay for such a place?  Think of it as a cross between the starbucks, local library and high energy workplace.

I am so right brained that all these ideas are pure mush in my head.  I never seem to be able to look ahead and consider pitfalls etc.. 

Any blunt opinions out there for me?  I'd love advice from all walks of home working entrepreneurs!!

Thank you!

Yvette