Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

How do the search engines rank sites?

• 21 posts
    June 4, 2012 1:16 AM EDT

Each and every search engine has their rules and algorithms, according to which they rank your sites in search engine when searched for particular keywords.

---
    branding

• 34 posts
    May 28, 2012 4:33 AM EDT

Well this is difficult to judge 100% accurate. But according to me it determine the quality and relevance of a Web page. Also a guesswork out of increasing your site's visibility by keyword suggestions, content analysis, site map tools, submission to search engines and reports for tracking progress.

• May 31, 2012 12:15 AM EDT

Actually almost all of these algorithms are summarized from other marketers' experience.   When I'm doing SEO according to these methods, I'm still not sure whether they are really useful.

• 104 posts
    May 24, 2012 12:23 AM EDT

The simple answer is that the search engines attempt to list the results starting with the most authoritative, relevant websites for the search query. However, this is an extraordinarily complex algorithm, taking into account hundreds of variables on millions of webpages and returning the results in fractions of a second. The algorithms take into consideration the content on the page, the depth of content on the domain, the meta-tags and titles, the age of the site, the number and nature of in-bound links, the frequency of updates to the site, and dozens of other factors. As a result, Search Engine Optimization is a complex undertaking, one that requires a diverse set of skills and a deep understanding of the main factors involved in the ranking process.

plc training in chennai | best plc training in chennai | plc training institute in chennai