Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Grab Bag

help filling out SS-4 form for LLC

• 731 posts
    November 5, 2006 11:36 AM EST
    Line 8a, is your entity type. LLC, Corp, non-profit Org..
    That is all you are an LLC Entity...

---
    Edgar Monroy
    Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
    When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!
    http://www.nuevolution.net

• 2 posts
    November 14, 2006 3:17 PM EST
    On Line 8a you need to put "LLC Single Member" or "LLC Multi Member" if this is the case. This has to be stated at field "Other". Based on your answer you will be taxed as a sole propietorship or partnership. Hot it helps.
    TrueStorm2006-11-14 21:18:15

---
    Richard D.

• 1 posts
    November 4, 2006 2:39 PM EST

hello everyone this is my first post :)

I am currently filling out my ss-4 irs form to get my EIN for my business and i am confused on what exactly needs to go in  for a LLC on line 8a type of entity. i think i am suppose to put disregarded entity but just wanted to double check.

---
    www.eastsideautotech.com - coming soon www.extremestereos.com - work in progress startin the next chapter of my life ^_^

• 1 posts
    November 5, 2006 8:07 PM EST
    yeah but there isnt a box to check for llc so what does get filled in for llc

---
    www.eastsideautotech.com - coming soon www.extremestereos.com - work in progress startin the next chapter of my life ^_^

• 1 posts
    November 7, 2006 6:30 PM EST

o well i guess ill have to wait till my friends mom is back in town

---

• 1 posts
    November 14, 2006 6:15 PM EST
    yeah i got it figured out. checked sole propietorship cuz apperantly the irs doesnt reconize an llc as a entity llc is only a state entity so you have to check on what kind of business you want to be taxed as ie sole propietorship, partnership, s corp or c corp.

---