Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Website Critique

Game AMV

• 47 posts
    July 18, 2013 3:20 AM EDT

Hi Wishy.  Well, I like the concept and I hope the site does well.  But my initial impressions are... I think that you need to add some color to the top to break it up.  The home page just keeps scrolling and scrolling, so I would suggest that you organize the titles a little better and condense everything.  Your target market is going to most likely be younger males, so the design needs to appeal to that demographic, such as in colors, fonts, images, etc.  It needs to have a "cool factor" to get people to come back and recommend it to others.  

So is this just a site that lists video game music videos or do you actually sell anything or have plans to monetize it in some way?

--David @ Touch Point Digital Marketing

---
    David @ Touch Point Digital Marketing
    A New Orleans SEO & web design company.

• 53 posts
    July 18, 2013 3:34 AM EDT

As another professional, I also like it and the concept, and agree with TouchPoint.

Also, this is a rare instance where I would have one playing when the site comes up, but a short loop, about 15 seconds, as a great sample. 

The top definitely needs more color and maybe (and this is an exception) some movement, excitement, and one of those vids starting up would be cool and easy. 

I don't even mind the Wordpress me-too look, but avoid too many revisions and keep backups before any big changes.  (it can break).

yeah,  how will you monetize this into a business?

www.BGdesign.us   and  www.Web-Success.net 

• 53 posts
    July 18, 2013 9:17 AM EDT

In the mean time, I have an idea.  I am not interested in selling you anything (you don't seem to need much), but do have another interest about the site but would prefer to not be public.  A monetizing suggestion.  If you could use any of our contact forms on  either   www.Web-Success.net    or we have a Questions link at the top of    www.BGdesign.us ,  because I don't want to give an email on here.

Thanks.

RJ

• 3 posts
    July 18, 2013 3:27 AM EDT

TouchPoint, what do you mean by condense everything? Like make it smaller and more close together? I'm not selling anything. It's a website that post video game music videos and trying to create a community where people can post their own videos.

• 3 posts
    July 18, 2013 7:09 AM EDT

RJ933. Right now I am not monetizing it into a business. I am just using it on my resume. When interviewers ask, tell me what else about yourself, I can tell them I made a website from knowing nothing to what it is now in 2 weeks. I will play around with the colors and make the header more flashy.

• 3 posts
    July 17, 2013 6:33 PM EDT

www.gameamv.com

I cannot put my finger on it, but I do not like the look of my website.

I formatted everything myself using Twitter Bootstrap and other JavaScripts.

I need to change the logo image but I cannot tell what I should change it too.

I am also worried that if I keep adding content, the website will get too laggy or unusable.

Any critique is appreciated, thanks.