Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » All Things Green

Is your business bicycle friendly?

• 270 posts
    March 27, 2009 11:40 AM EDT

Do you want to do something green for your business?  We have found one really good way that is very rewarding.  Last year we started making changes to our business to make it bicycle friendly as outlined by the League of American Bicyclists.   Then we applied.  To our surprise we received a Honorable Mention award!  It was not easy, and we are planning to go back next time and do even better.  But, it has been very rewarding for us on several fronts outside of the award.

Yes, commuting to work by bike saves energy costs and is good for our environment.  But did you know the changes we made have also improved the health of our employees.  This award has even raised a lot of new awareness in our local area to the needs of bicyclists and pedestrians.  On top of this, we have also had much less sickness this year and our employees are happier and more energetic.  This has been a win win on many fronts.

If you want to know more about becoming a Bicycle Friendly Business, just let me know.  It is worth the time for even the smallest businesses!

bert2009-3-27 16:43:1

---
    Bert at Harvey Software, Inc.
    Multi-Carrier Shipping Software and Supply Chain Solutions for Internet Retailers

Also a provider of free shipping information and resources at Harvey Software`s Parcel Shipping Blog along with free tracking solutions at TrackingPage.com...

• 270 posts
    March 30, 2009 10:27 AM EDT

Matt, sorry to be so slow to respond!  And, I do agree with you.  This is especially true for those businesses in the public eye these days.  Good PR.  We have found that there is a good pay back from doing this on several fronts.  I would think it would good business to promote this concept at your café for your customers too…

---
    Bert at Harvey Software, Inc.
    Multi-Carrier Shipping Software and Supply Chain Solutions for Internet Retailers

Also a provider of free shipping information and resources at Harvey Software`s Parcel Shipping Blog along with free tracking solutions at TrackingPage.com...

• 101 posts
    March 27, 2009 12:55 PM EDT
    What do you do? Hire local employees? Build a bicycle rack? Pay incentives for biking to work? Seems like a cool idea, especially for a cafe like I`m making. Cafes have to be cutting edge on the green stuff, if only to maintain a high brow image that most cafes shoot for.

---
    Making limitless possibilities much more limited.

• 31 posts
    January 6, 2014 4:41 AM EST

Not mine but i am sure it is necessary from nature's prespective for reducing carbon foot prints. This is necessary for substantial growth and developement. 

[URL=http://www.script4realestate.com/property-script-features.php]Property Listings software[/URL]