Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Everything we missed with the other categories

The Four Business Personality Types:

• 13 posts
    July 14, 2006 10:05 AM EDT
    Nice articles on your blog.  Just a note - the link is not pointing to your blog. 

I`m working with someone going through a whiner phase.  I`m a worker and I`m giving them the tools they need to do the job but they just say "I don`t have time for this" or "I`m tearing my hair out". 

What do you suggest I do?  I want to get the project done but I don`t want do their work for them in addition to my own.

Thanks

---
    Warmest regards,

Michelle Waldorf -- eSeller Street -- eBay Market Research

• July 12, 2006 8:23 AM EDT

Hi Folks,

I recently released a new book, Warriors, Workers, Whiners & Weasels: Understanding and Using The Four Personality Types To Your Advantage. The initial launch has had much success. If you would like to learn more, visit my blog (blog.warriorsandweasels.com).

Here is how my publicist describes it:

In the world of business and life, there are only four kinds of people in any organization:

Warriors, who confront change, see possibilities, innovate and manage to win!

Workers, who deal with the ups, downs and challenges of everyday corporate life dependably, and who can reliably implement the change and direction established by the Warriors.

Whiners, who get through life by complaining about everything they do, who profess negativism and dissatisfaction wherever they go, and blaming others for their own shortcomings.

Weasels, who lurk everywhere and threaten your career and life-goals through their own deception and insecurity and who spread these feelings quickly throughout the organization.

Warriors, Workers, Whiners & Weasels illuminates these four personality types and shows you how to recognize the characteristics of each and use them to your advantage to empower the Warriors and Workers to boost your organization to success.

* A new and novel way to look at the management structure of your company and life

*"A fascinating analysis of four personality traits that characterize the new global economy." - Stephen R. Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and The 8th Habit

"This is a fast moving, insightful book with practical ideas you can use immediately to be more effective with everyone in your business life." - Brian Tracy, author of Goals! and The Psychology of Selling

Thanks and Enjoy!

-Tim

---
    Tim O`Leary WarriorsandWeasels.com

• July 18, 2006 11:44 AM EDT

Hi Michelle,

I`m glad you have found value in my blog. Concerning your problem, I suggest you be honest with your feelings, especially if the person doesn`t have seniority over you. Don`t over react and be sure to approach the problem before it escalates too far.

If all else fails you might need to inform your direct supervisor. Brief him/her on the problem and let him/her know what actions you have already taken, then schedule a meeting to further discuss the problem and figure out a solution. It is never nice to get a colleague in trouble but sometimes you are left with no choice; after all you don’t want someone else’s poor work to reflect on your own performance.

All the best!

---
    Tim O`Leary WarriorsandWeasels.com