Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

What is most important about web design?

• 8 posts
    May 24, 2012 7:40 AM EDT

In the web design the most imprtant thing is content. You should post unique content with the quality. In the web design the main thing is graphics and the design should be professional which helps to attract more visitors and users towards your website.

---
    Magento Development | Hire Magento Developer | Magento Developer | Web Development India

• 9 posts
    May 9, 2012 1:29 AM EDT

The content and designing through CSS is most important in designing the website.

---
    Survey software

• 9 posts
    May 17, 2012 3:45 PM EDT

I think the poster means your work should be of high-value to your clients so they'll recommend you to others...or he may just mean to charge premium prices for your design services. Anyway, I know you didnt ask for this but please be sure you're offering mobile site design to and maybe concentrate on one type of site: landing pages, wordpress blogs, high-end corporate, restaurants, etc. One last thing some studies have shown 80% of web visitors stay above the fold so the header design should be the focus.

---
    Amazing DVD: Save $1000s and Protect Your Online Reputation In-House Now

• 2 posts
    May 29, 2013 11:55 AM EDT

If you're looking for a one word answer, then simply it should be "User Centric" 

---
    Web Design India | Web Development India

• 4 posts
    April 22, 2013 11:43 PM EDT

UI or User Interface design should be up to standard in web designing. Also designing a proper navigation helps users to locate pages and easily navigate in to page by page.

---
    Click here for more details

• 55 posts
    May 2, 2012 2:48 AM EDT

According to me there are lots of small and big points important to discuss about web design but you must make your design perspective of your users. Because build any website, their main goal to attract potential visitors of their site for more selling.

• 8 posts
    May 18, 2012 12:21 AM EDT

I totally agree with paymentproof. May be this will help you too. I've read it recently - http://conversionxl.com/8-universal-web-design-principles-you-should-to-know/

---
    Law partnership Tascheva and Partner

• 9 posts
    April 23, 2013 10:37 PM EDT

A good website should present the information clearly and accurately. Out-of-date designs and jungles of links make the website look unreliable. It will make me suspicious if the contact details of the business are not visibly presented. Contacting the company should be made easy and efficient.

But it is really hard to give some specified recommendations that apply to all companies. The main question that you need to ask yourself is 'What is the website for?' Then you need to think about all the people involved in your business and view the website through their eyes. Time-consuming? Sure, but well worth the effort in the end.

• 14 posts
    April 26, 2012 3:59 PM EDT

I want to understand what aspects of a web design are most important for somebody who is looking to hire help, I am a web designer. Below I have included a list, and I would value if you number what you care the most in order of importance, and if what you care about, is not listed, please include this in your response:

cross browser compatible web design

fluid web design: a design that fits the screen as the size of the browser window changes

search engine optimized web design

flexibility from the designer: the potential client can request to use a third party pre built template

Creativity: the designer can come up with flashy and snazzy designs

---
    Small Business Web Design | Small Business Web Design Los angeles | Web Design | Web Design Los Angeles

• 14 posts
    April 27, 2012 7:10 PM EDT

Laurie333,

Thank you for your response

Laughing

Do any of the items you listed have a higher priority than the ones I suggested?  

I see that the order of items in your list is the same as mine. Would it be possible for you to confirm that this is endeed the order of what would be important to you? And if not, could you cut and paste and number the top three?

Tongue out

Again, thank you

---
    Small Business Web Design | Small Business Web Design Los angeles | Web Design | Web Design Los Angeles

• 14 posts
    April 30, 2012 8:57 AM EDT

magneto1, you post a poor response. Your response is generic, too broad. The purpose of this question is to narrow down what elements of web design are important for a person who is looking to hire this service.

I think that web design that attracts visitors goes without saying.

Your response would be improve if you wrote what elements you think convert visitors into leads.

Thank you 

---

• 14 posts
    May 2, 2012 11:51 AM EDT

It is revealing to read responses that include content as part of the web design. I interpret this to mean that many internet users do not understand the difference between the content and the design. 

It is almost as if the thinking process is stuck in the desired results, but little thought goes to brake up the elements that may help achieve this result. 

---

• 14 posts
    May 16, 2012 7:23 AM EDT

Could you elaborate more regarding "You have to do value addition for yourself too, your work should be appreciable and recommendable"?

---

• 14 posts
    June 21, 2012 4:15 AM EDT

Which aspect of the website is most important to you, the look, the navigation, etc?

Thank you

---

• 39 posts
    October 31, 2012 12:38 AM EDT

Website design is the more important sector in the web development sector,Before starting the working we should be focused on the prime sector in the website.

---
    Design custom koozies to fit your needs