Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

What is most important about web design?

• 3 posts
    April 22, 2013 6:29 PM EDT

Web design is a very very broad industry and it is more profitable for you to specialize in a specific area. That being said... no matter where you go, you will need HTML and CSS, but where you go from there will depend on your goals. 

---
    DIT India is a leading User Interface design Company

• 2 posts
    June 22, 2013 7:15 AM EDT

According to me,

Before design a web page , Designer know about website services. All ponits above mentioned are true, But 

I am mentioned below some design aspect which is neccessery for website design :

• User Friendly
    • SEO friednly
    • Light weight
    • Mobile Friednly
    • Use External CSS and Javascript
    • Website Vaidate from W3C
    • No Broken link or 404 error.

---
    Next Screen - Web Design & Web Development Company India

• 1 posts
    May 16, 2012 2:30 AM EDT

A website is not just for online presence, it is an effective tool for branding, advertising and setting reputation for your business. When people would like to have an product or service, they definitely would like to get information about that, so when you design website for your client you are responsible for three people-

1. The user(end user) who is going to visit that website can easily get his/her desired from this website; in short usability.

2. Your Client : Does your client getting good online leads through the website you designed for them, Did you integrated business effectively, is it search engine friendly! etc.

3. Yourself : You have to do value addition for yourself too, your work should be appreciable and recommendable.

What you people say?

---
    Business Website Development Company ! SEO Services To Increase ROI

• 23 posts
    July 29, 2012 9:33 PM EDT

Your response is generic, too broad. The purpose of this question is to narrow down what elements of web design are important for a person who is looking to hire this service.

---
    addicts rehabilitation center website

• 8 posts
    May 27, 2013 6:14 AM EDT

Keep It Simple, Stupid(KISS) is a most important in many factors but it is especially crucial for developing sites on a budget. Simple styles are simpler to make, thus making them less expensive and quicker, but they are also more vivid, more unforgettable and more convenient.

---
    content management system

• 16 posts
    June 10, 2012 9:15 PM EDT

Web design is very important for easy to increase traffic on the website and you can also get quality backlinks. You make website attractive and colorful to using this web design. Web design is the great way to attract visitor on the website. It is the best for the business.

---
    PHP Web Development | PHP Application Development | PHP Developer India

• July 12, 2012 10:36 PM EDT

I would like to share few importance tips for web design. I have given listed below.

1. Choose two or three complementary colors and stick with them
    2. Select standard layout for website
    3. Offer easy navigation structure
    4. Don’t overboard with graphics
    5. Offer sitemap and search feature

---
    Michigan Web Design | Web Design In Michigan | Michigan Web Design Company | Narroway Graphics

• 8 posts
    June 23, 2012 10:42 AM EDT

As an amateur-about-to-turn-professional web designer, I would rank these as:

2.  cross browser compatible web design

1.  fluid web design: a design that fits the screen as the size of the browser window changes

3.  search engine optimized web design

4.  flexibility from the designer: the potential client can request to use a third party pre built template

5.  Creativity: the designer can come up with flashy and snazzy designs

I think that ease of navigation and reading is paramount. If people can quickly find what they are looking for and then easily browse other content, they are more likely to share, link and subscribe to your content and/or make a purchase.  

I always advise people to go for simple designs that are professional, but not necessarily snazzy as designs with lots of Flash and other animation because they can load slow on older browsers and computers or not at all on mobile devices. 

• 1 posts
    May 4, 2012 7:37 AM EDT

We are an Atlanta web design company, and the reason people tell us they go with us is because they can get us on the phone.  So the #1 priority for me would be to answer the phone when someone calls.

---
    Joel Black
    Black Bear Design
    Atlanta web designer including website maintenance

• 6 posts
    June 22, 2012 5:33 AM EDT

One of the tips is not only red text on a blue background but any color (except white) on a black background, light text on white backgrounds and dark text on dark backgrounds don't work! Especially if you have a lot of text, it is very important that it is easy to read and doesn't hurt people's eyes. Surprisingly enough, red text is used on a blue background a lot, even though it is one of the worst combinations of colors.

For More info please visit  empower-network-system

• 8 posts
    May 24, 2012 12:25 PM EDT

It really depends on who you want to listen to.

After year of being involved with our website I've learned that there are too many versions. The goo version with it has to be take with boulders of salt, since they have to satisfy their shareholders.

There the SEO servicers' version.

There is your version. You, like us, have to put yourself in the shoes of the user and understand what and how content is displayed. The only thing i know works is the creation of a blog and constant addition on both sides of your site.

---
    Antico Elements
    Follow me on:
    Follow Me Facebook

• 14 posts
    June 10, 2013 9:32 PM EDT

I think you said right. It should be user centric.

---
    Buying Leads|Solo Ad Advertising

• 14 posts
    May 23, 2013 3:34 AM EDT

Here are my preferences in order:

search engine optimized web design

fluid web design: a design that fits the screen as the size of the browser window changes

cross browser compatible web design

Creativity: the designer can come up with flashy and snazzy designs

flexibility from the designer: the potential client can request to use a third party pre built template

Also important:

A site that promotes conversions through calls to action, easy navigation, pay online if applicable

A site that fits the industry and target market

Clean, professional look

Ability to flex the design as a company grows and adds more products / services

Professional looking images

Communicates value proposition and hooks the visitor with what they see above the fold

-------------------------

Career MoversFinancial Analyst Job DescriptionExecutive Resume FormatFinancial Resume Writing Tips

I agree with you on some points like a website must have the copy escape passed content.It simply means that if your website will have a unique content then it will be called as designed on the basis of SEO techniques. It must have some social sharing and all. Every thing while making a website should be taken into consideration related to SEO work without it you can't get successful website.

---
    Buying Leads|Solo Ad Advertising

• 1 posts
    May 8, 2012 8:47 PM EDT

It is said that content is the king in web designing so you should prepare content for your website which is relevant and of good quality. You website should also be visually attractive and should have good navigation abilities so that viewers do not face any problem while going through your website and visit it again and again.

---
    Web Designers in Swindon

• 6 posts
    March 22, 2013 5:28 PM EDT

As per my view about the web design,It is the first and most important part of web development also. Users like user interface only. So its important to have attractive web design.

---
    Virtual Machine Monitoring | Network Monitoring Tools

• 17 posts
    October 4, 2012 1:34 AM EDT

Yes, I too agree.. HTML is the best for web designing..

It is simple and easy to learn.

But you have many other options as well which are also equally good..

But I think HTML is the simplest..

---
    Cheap HP Laptop charger

• 20 posts
    July 31, 2012 7:44 PM EDT

Number 1: First impressions count. Number 2: Keep it simple. Number 3: Number 4: Don’t make users think. Number 5: Always test and improve. Hopefully these five tips will be the most important you’ll ever see and serve as a good cornerstone to a fantastic web design for you and your online business. And one more important thing is don’t make a site for illegal purposes, which will lead to legal actions against you because everyone who enters into internet will have identified by their IP number. To find your IP number you can visit sites like www.Ip-Details.com

• 22 posts
    April 27, 2012 1:07 PM EDT

Here are my preferences in order:

search engine optimized web design

fluid web design: a design that fits the screen as the size of the browser window changes

cross browser compatible web design

Creativity: the designer can come up with flashy and snazzy designs

flexibility from the designer: the potential client can request to use a third party pre built template

Also important:

A site that promotes conversions through calls to action, easy navigation, pay online if applicable

A site that fits the industry and target market

Clean, professional look

Ability to flex the design as a company grows and adds more products / services

Professional looking images

Communicates value proposition and hooks the visitor with what they see above the fold

---
    Career MoversFinancial Analyst Job DescriptionExecutive Resume FormatFinancial Resume Writing Tips

• 39 posts
    December 6, 2012 9:51 PM EST

First of all keep in mind that your design theme and art should focus on requirements of business and easily reach the targeted audience. The another good thing is that use theme base picture, Graphic, content and other types of information related to your effective website.

---
    Best PSD To Joomla template

• 37 posts
    July 29, 2012 7:56 PM EDT

Well, I think Balance is one of the important factors for web design. It involves about the same distribute light and heavy elements on a single page.If you want to design the perfect then you have to follow this elements.

---
    adobe photoshop training courses in sydney

• 37 posts
    June 21, 2012 1:12 AM EDT

A good website design should be Attract visitors, convert visitors to leads, and have built-in analytics for measuring usage behaviors so adjustments can be made to optimize it’s effectiveness.

Need to Hire Magento Web Developers For Ecommerce Website? Magento Website Developers--> http://www.magento-web-developers.com/ Best Magento Development Company in India

Well, I am agree that good website design should be attract visitors. It should be created in such way that it can attract users easily. Navigation should be easy. Use images and flair to attracts their attention but be careful not to over do it at the expense of navigation times.

---

• 37 posts
    June 22, 2012 2:54 AM EDT

Which aspect of the website is most important to you, the look, the navigation, etc?

Thank you

Small Business Web Design | Small Business Web Design Los angeles | Web Design | Web Design Los Angeles

VeronicaCisneros, As per my view both look and navigation is important. Because if the site has attractive look then we can easily attracts more visitors. And if the navigation is good then more and more people will visit the site. Remembered if the particular page take more time for loading, then it will irritate the user. And they will leave site as it without visiting next time.

---

• 5 posts
    June 14, 2012 12:33 AM EDT

Hello..

I think one of the most important thing about web design is the ability to use words effectively..so, visitors can understand very easily about your business and process..

---
    sharepoint consultant | sharepoint development

• 3 posts
    April 27, 2013 12:53 AM EDT

As per design aspects you could expect the following as general,

1. Quality design with time consuming.

2. SEO friendly design

3. Browser compatibility design.

4. Creativity or professional design.

But apart from this you would look based on your requirements such as,

1. Content Management System web design

2. CSS design

3. Module or theme design etc..

We are a drupal web development company named as DrupalMint qualified our drupal web designers based on these qualities and delivered successfully to our clients for all projects.

• 2 posts
    March 22, 2013 12:19 AM EDT

According to me, most important is to have a clear idea of why you want the website, what it's main purpose and target audience will be. Any design must be based on that.

---
    php development company | web development company india