Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Are you burdened or thrilled about a website?

• 3 posts
    May 29, 2012 1:43 PM EDT

I build website at my day job, for clients on the side and my own personal business project(s).

It usually is exciting to start on a new project but that quickly goes away as the newness wears off and the work still to do piles up.

For people with no experience with websites I'm sure it could be either.

---
    My Web Design Blog: Couchable

• 10 posts
    July 12, 2012 4:44 AM EDT

CPayne, great comment about a website being a 24/7 salesperson. Websites are excellent for this purpose. You can present your business to the public however idealistically you wish. (Although this can be misleading if you do not live up to the standards you/I have created after looking at your website) At the same time, if your website isn't anything special, gives no information as to the what/why/how/where of your business then don't even bother directing me there. Take pride in your website just as much as your business.

• 55 posts
    May 28, 2012 1:20 AM EDT

Having a website is a plus point for promotion of business. If you are local business, representing that business or products online through a website can open new marketing opportunities for you and can have a large impact.

• 14 posts
    May 7, 2012 9:18 PM EDT

Hello,

I'd like to get a consensus about the attitudes regarding the through of needing a website.

Is the though of needing a website exiting Smile or burdensome Undecided to you?

---
    Small Business Web Design | Small Business Web Design Los angeles | Web Design | Web Design Los Angeles

• 14 posts
    May 30, 2012 6:31 AM EDT

Couchable, for you what is the hardest part of the building the website? Or rather, at what point do you begin to feel bored or not interested in the project anymore?

(by the way, I saw your site, the all white is an intelligent choice)

Smile

---
    Small Business Web Design | Small Business Web Design Los angeles | Web Design | Web Design Los Angeles