Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Strategies & Tactics for Getting Efficient

do work yourself or virtual assistant

• 28 posts
    August 20, 2008 10:22 PM EDT
    If you have already done so, were you pleased with the results?

Moderately pleased. I could do a better job, but for menial tasks, they are helpful.

What types of work would you delegate?

data entry, faxing, emailing, etc.

Would you prefer to pay hourly or per project?

hourly

• August 28, 2008 10:11 AM EDT
    I think that the Virtual Assistant business is growing by leaps and bounds.  As more and more business owners learn the value of a good VA, we will have our hands full.  The key is though, that business owners understand you are going to get unsatisfactory VA`s as well as VA`s that will knock your socks off, just like you would with hiring employees.  Hopefully business owners will understand that just because they are not thrilled with the first VA they hire, it does not mean there is that perfect VA right around the corner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kristi Daniels
    Professional Business Assistant
    www.probusinessassistant.com

---
    Kristi Daniels
    Professional Business Assistant
    In business to help your business succeed!
    http://www.probusinessassistant.com

• 4 posts
    September 16, 2008 7:02 AM EDT
    I`m sure im a little biased, but I say outsource and make more time for the important tasks. The favorite part about my job is hearing back from my clients about the things they are doing with that spare time and how much it actually makes a improvement in their lives.

---
    GirlFridayPlus l Virtual Assistants $49.95 a week

• 18 posts
    October 11, 2012 5:33 PM EDT

I had bad experiences with home-based Virtual Assistants before. They usually gave me lousy last-minute output so I decided to look for a company that provides office-based skillful VAs that are being monitored, assuring entrepreneurs like me that my VAs are being productive and are working full-time. A friend referred hireinthephilippines.com to me and I'm currently working with one of their VAs. So far, I am happy with their work.

I hope this information could help those who have VA problems.   

• 13 posts
    June 24, 2008 10:18 AM EDT

If you have no employees to help you,  how many business owners or entrepreneurs would consider using the services of a virtual assistant, rather than doing all the work yourself?

If you have already done so, were you pleased with the results?

What types of work would you delegate?

Would you prefer to pay hourly or per project?

Think back over the course of one week.  How many tasks could have easily been handled by a virtual assistant to free up your time to do other things?

Thanks for your time in answering.  I currently serve as a virtual assistant to a couple of people, but am now considering expanding into a business.   Just checking if there is still a demand for this sort of thing.