Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Flip side of business card - quote needed

• 355 posts
    May 21, 2009 9:35 AM EDT
    I go along with Maggie,

I find the back of cards useful for writing notes or additional contact information.

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 355 posts
    May 22, 2009 10:50 AM EDT
    One thing I used the back of business cards for is writing a quote for potential new customers.  They would ask about a particular product.  I would then work up a quote during our meeting and write the quote on the back of the card. 

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 33 posts
    May 24, 2013 12:32 PM EDT

How about "error 404 the business card you requested not found" or maybe some pictures of your products.

Market Media

• 7 posts
    May 8, 2013 6:54 AM EDT

You guys should check out www.redtagprintsale.com -- They offer excellent prices, great quality and also offer an option for no coating on the back, so you can write with a pen.

• 28 posts
    May 21, 2009 7:49 AM EDT
    The back of your card is prime real estate, so use it for something that is going to help "seal the deal" for you.  Think of the space as an advertising opportunity and approach it is as though the statement you make is going to mean the difference between someone calling you back or not.

---
    Melissa Fox, President MarketEASE
    http://www.mymarket-ease.com
    Get a more powerful Marketing Strategy!
    888-855-7901

• 9 posts
    May 21, 2009 5:33 AM EDT
    I highly recommend that you not put anything on the back of your business card. This is one of those situations where "less is more".  People need to be able to write notes on the back of you card about where they met you, when, and what the follow-up should be.  I get so frustrated myself when I go to write on the back of a card and its got writing on it, or has a dark background. I don`t think it`s very professional.  But that`s just my 2 cents. :)

---

Maggie A. Barr
    Principle Consultant
    Maggie Barr & Associates
    www.targetedsmbmarketing.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/maggieabarr maggie.anne.barr@gmail.com
    408-454-6488

• 2 posts
    May 20, 2009 12:49 PM EDT
    Hi!  We would like to print something memorable on the back side of our business card - something to elicit a smile!  Any clever ideas?  I`m thinking something like "Flip me over, please.  This isn`t my good side".  Other thoughts?  Is this nuts?
    We retail birdhouses, feeders, solar lighting and garden decor items.  The front of the card contains all the standard info, with a graphic of a tree with a little bird in it. 
    • 2 posts
    May 22, 2009 12:12 AM EDT
    Lots of great input here; I really appreciate all of your thoughts!  I agree the back is definitely useful for jotting a note.  So IF I decide to pursue using that real estate, it should be small/short enough to allow plenty of room for those notes.