Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Painting Addresses on Curbs - Good Idea?

• 107 posts
    July 22, 2010 6:07 AM EDT

I don't think it is viable. First of all, I doubt you can get 10 deals a day. More importantly, you need to make sure it is cramped within the 2 hours to make the time efficient. It's highly unlikely that scenario will happen.

---
    Seo Consultant | Rattan | Microsoft Dynamics Nav | Autism Singapore | Industrial For Rent | Business Park | Gallbladder Surgery Singapore

• 990 posts
    June 8, 2007 11:08 AM EDT
    very old idea - might make money

---
    James Lindon, Ph.D. Patent Attorney
    Lindon & Lindon, LLC
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Pharmacy Law, Litigation
    [this is not legal advice - provided for discussion only]
    Intellectual Property for the Individual and Small Business: Identify, Protect, Enforce, Defend.
    "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
    http://www.LindonLaw.com

• 45 posts
    June 7, 2007 9:58 PM EDT
    Hey Timbo,

Being a home owner I`m not sure if I`d want it, especially if it resembled graffiti.

I have seen some very nice lit house numbers that sit just above your lawn. Most I`ve seen come in a rectangular weatherproof housing. You can get them in different illuminated colors and they look very nice at night.

Maybe you can look into products like that? Learn some basic electrician skills and wire them up. You can charge retail for the parts and a nice service fee. I would buy that.

Eventually you can work up a catalog of similar products and have more to offer.

Chris

---
    EventBrander.com | Custom Printed T-Shirts, Promotional Products, Lowest Prices Guaranteed

• 38 posts
    June 14, 2007 7:59 AM EDT

I have seen a few non-profits offer something similar around here. I am sure it will raise money, but the real question is how much? Might be more apporpriate as a side gig or fundraiser than a full time business.

---
    Rosanna Tussey
    Owner
    New Mexico Candle Co.
    http://www.nmcandleco.com

• 51 posts
    March 22, 2013 12:02 AM EDT

I would highly recommend Color Concepts to anyone that is particular about quality but also concerned about price. Howard charges a fair and reasonable amount for the work he does

• 5 posts
    June 7, 2007 9:47 PM EDT

Going door to door offering to paint their address on their curb for them.

Not very glamorous.  Very menial actually.  But I do believe there is money to be found in it.  Charge $10 a pop and only if you line up 10 to do a day, that`s $100 gross for maybe an hour or two of work.

Just an idea I`m considering here.  What`s everyone think of it?  I know that I would have to check with the city to make sure that no permits or anything like that are required, any other legal stuff I`d have to consider?

Anyone think it`s a dumb idea?  I`m currently working as a pizza delivery man, which explains where the idea came from.  Believe me, if everyone had their address painted on the curb the world would be just a little bit better.  I deliver pizzas, think how much more serious it is for paramedics who have trouble finding the right house.  I don`t know, I think it`d work, but I`d like to hear peoples feedback, suggestions, criticisms.  I`d probably just simply promote it by going door to door or with doorhangers.

Thanks for the feedback!

• 621 posts
    June 9, 2007 10:53 AM EDT
    I don`t know if they are making money, but I have seen fliers on my house door here in San Jose, CA. Some here is doing it.

Good luck.

---
    Vincent Wilcox (a.k.a. KRAKR)
    Drummer
    My band: Letters Make Words

• 1 posts
    May 13, 2014 6:07 PM EDT
    http://www.curbnumbers.com - For 28 years since 1986 we have specialized in only curb address number painting, BBB A+ accredited, now ONLINE and ON-DEMAND for individuals in major cities of six states and nationwide for HOAs, Condos, Apts, and group managed properties. We also offer Curb Painting Kit (Manual & Stencils) for Start-Up How-To Curb Painting Business. http://www.curbnumbers.com
    This post was edited by curbnumberscom at June 16, 2014 1:07 PM EDT