Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Elevator Pitches

Angel Investors

• 926 posts
    April 25, 2012 6:33 AM EDT

Custommelt,

Although I can't give you specific direction without more data, I offer the following general comments:

1. Besides the basic requirements of a sound business model/idea, a solid team and a well developed plan, the three keys to success in acquiring capital are:

a. Choosing the right capital strategy.

b. Being prepared or Capital Ready before seeking the capital

c. Following a plan that incorporates proven methods.

2. From my experience and observation, in every "successful" capital acquisition involving an early stage company two conditions must exist before the deal will be consummated.

a. The capital source resonates with the "problem" that the company is going to solve.

b. The capital source has or forms a "connection" with the founder or member of the founding team.

3. The vast majority of investments by professional angels in early stage companies comes from people within the local area. (one to two hours driving time).

Good luck with your quest. If you want to discuss your specific situation, feel free to drop me a PM or contact me directly.

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com

• 1 posts
    April 25, 2012 3:57 AM EDT

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to locate Angels/investors that specialize in or are at least willing to consider an investment in a Food/Restaurant business (preferably in California).

We are less than 3 weeks from opening a original and highly franchisable Casual Restaurant chain. We have been in the industry for a combined 40 years and have the knowledge, experience and the concept to develop into the next huge market. We have secured the perfect location and the community and city has been buzzing with anticipation for our opening. We also have a need for additional operating capital to push us through and begin preparing for a second location.

Basically we have all the ingredients that investors are looking for, except that we are in the food industry.

Does anyone know about Angels/Investors that would be interested in looking at such a concept?

-