Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Grab Bag

New Business Idea

• July 16, 2013 12:43 AM EDT

The idea is nice, but you need to sell it better. Many painters work from pictures, that's not very new.

How do you go about hunting for new pictures to be painted? You could have a story here.

Or maybe paint extremely famous photographs, that could also be catchy.

Good luck!

---
    The Interface Division is where our best user experience designers work exclusively on UI/UX projects.

• 5 posts
    April 11, 2013 11:20 AM EDT

My older brother is an artist. One of the things he tends to remind me is that “successful artists paint what people want to buy and not what they want to paint”. I guess the successful artists are lucky and paint what they like to and it so happens to be what people want to buy. With this thought in mind before you venture out and try this I would see if there is a market to buy the scenes you are taking pictures of.

---
    Life Cycle Marketing | Automated Email Marketing | CRM Software for Small Business

• 11 posts
    June 15, 2013 1:23 AM EDT

I will also suggest you to take help from local painter and not from your friend. Taking help from friend will push to have high price which will not suit to you at starting stage. 

---
    Project Templates

• 4 posts
    June 27, 2013 12:16 AM EDT

This is what I would do:

1. Take a cool picture - free

2. send it to Australia to be painted - free, email it

3. have it painted - free, get the artist on board for a trial painting

4. have the artist send it back - small shipping cost

5. try to sell it.

If it works do it again and again.

As for price, just go out one day and act like one of the customers you are trying to attract, think like then, go to places they woud go. Visit other places that may sell something similar and get an idea of the prices, ask if they sell many, observe other buying them etc. That might help set a price, dont worry about getting it wrong forst time, that is what sales are for! :)

Good luck, I think it is a great idea and you should at least do one to see how it goes.

• 5 posts
    April 12, 2013 12:16 AM EDT

Hi,

I think you can turn this into advantage that artist is not local. But you have to invent somekind of marketing story for that.

About pricing of paintings. There is nothing more irrational in the world. Just correct the prices by following supply/demand.

---
    https://www.meloworks.com - simple task and project management for service oriented businesses. Generate estimates and invoices online based on your company pricelist.

• 18 posts
    April 10, 2013 12:39 AM EDT

This is a nice idea. By this way you can develop and make publicity of your locality by the painting and also earn some money. I suggest you should create painting by local painter, for which you can sell paintings at cheap price. With this you must create some art by your Australia artist friend, that will help you to develop your business.

---
    Wholesale packaging | Candy bags | Candy packaging | Cello bags | Clear bags | Food bags | Treat bags | Chocolate bags | Gift basket wrap | Clear cello | Mini bows

• 2 posts
    April 2, 2013 9:02 AM EDT

Hi 

I have a business idea and would like some feedback as I cannot find anything similar on the net. 

I am no artist but I am a keen photographer. I take photos of local scenes, views and places of interest. I have a friend in Australia who is an artist. He mainly does oil paintings and some pastel. 

My idea was for me to take the photos and for him to then re-create these into original one off paintings which I can sell locally. 

The only local paintings here are done by local artists, my question is whether or not the fact that the artist is not local will affect the price or the decision of the buyer to purchase it?

How would I go about pricing?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Regards

• 19 posts
    January 16, 2014 12:16 AM EST

A successful entrepreneur implement the idea and take risks with it. But implementing ideas need funding which venture capital firms provide and helps great ideas to be implemented which somehow also makes a country's economy stronger.