Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

New Business Idea

• 51 posts
    April 25, 2013 1:46 AM EDT

Whether the artist is local or not won't really matter but yes you will have extra shipping costs right?

---
    Customer analytics | growth strategy

• April 22, 2013 6:47 PM EDT

It definitely affects on pricing because, moreover people searches popular artist painting to purchase them. I found there is few people who looking forward for local painting to just arrange them on home's side wall.

• 5 posts
    June 12, 2013 7:35 PM EDT

Get assistance in searching and choosing your desired condo/house rentals in Toronto and own or rent apartments  with our superior professional renting services.

http://www.rentinto.ca

---
    http://www.rentinto.ca/

• 2 posts
    April 2, 2013 9:28 AM EDT

Hi 

I have a business idea and would like some feedback as I cannot find anything similar on the net. 

I am no artist but I am a keen photographer. I take photos of local scenes, views and places of interest. I have a friend in Australia who is an artist. He mainly does oil paintings and some pastel. 

My idea was for me to take the photos and for him to then re-create these into original one off paintings which I can sell locally. 

The only local paintings here are done by local artists, my question is whether or not the fact that the artist is not local will affect the price or the decision of the buyer to purchase it?

How would I go about pricing?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Regards

• 2 posts
    April 8, 2013 6:51 PM EDT

This is really great ideas and i am doing this. I am using passive income sites that can be used to generate money.Passive income sites are sites that can make you money without you having to watch over them all the time.

• 3 posts
    April 4, 2013 3:10 AM EDT

Hello,

It will effect your price greatly because your friend will have to ship the paintings from overseas which will cost you both a lot which in turn will drive your prices high. As far as the decision of the local buyer is concerned, i don't think it will effect his decision just because the artist is foreign. If the paintings are good than no problem but keep in mind the price.

Hope this helped.

• 49 posts
    April 23, 2013 8:21 PM EDT

That is awesome bro!!!! New business concept I really like that!!!

• 12 posts
    December 7, 2013 5:55 AM EST

Business ideas is really must for starting any business.i have read above  posts and seems to be useful.

• 42 posts
    August 28, 2014 4:45 AM EDT
    How about asking around how much similar painting costs in your area?

Also, you could check if there's a likely demand of the paintings too.
    This post was edited by garysvpa at August 28, 2014 4:46 AM EDT