Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Choosing a web hosting service

• 8 posts
    March 9, 2011 5:18 PM EST

BlueHost, iPage, HostGator, Yahoo, WebHostingPad all offer similar services that you described.

Larry Hutzell

Managing Director and Founder

iStartSavvy.com

• 5 posts
    June 1, 2013 1:46 AM EDT

Hey i am not using rackspace but i used other web hosting services. Thats really good and also provides 24*7 customer support services.

-------------------------

web hosting comparison

There are many hosting providers available.It is upto the user to choose the trusted hosting provider.When choosing a host one should look for the reliability,reputation of the host provider.By looking through the user reviews one can get idea about the support that the host provides to its customers.The host should satisfy the customer's demands without ant hidden charges.I chose my host, Thewebpole.com based on the above aspects.

That means going for web hosting we need to go through review about that hosting provider ,so can you recommend us a good review provider company about web hosting?

---
    http://www.webhostingjam.com/reviews/ipage-review/

• 731 posts
    May 25, 2007 1:55 PM EDT

I am looking for a web hosting service that offers excellent value and service.

I would like help constructing a list of criteria for choosing a web hosting service, and would like to hear webmasters’ recommendations regarding hosting services they have used.

Here are the criteria I have in mind:

ú         knowledgeable and prompt 24/7 tech support;

ú         fast and reliable user downloading;

ú         disk usage 0.5 Gb;

ú         bandwidth: 5 Gb;

ú         Urchin 5;

ú         support for the usual languages (cgi, php, xml, shtml);

ú         at least one database (mysql with phpmyadmin);

ú         easy installation of phpBB and WordPress;

ú         free cms;

ú         under $20 per month.

I would welcome comments or improvements regarding the above criteria, and evaluations of hosting services webmasters have used.

First of all, what is that you`re going to be developing. Im not sure what you have planned but 5GB bandwidth is alot if you are just running a simple application (web site). What I recommend is not going with the 5GB bandwidth since you won`t consume most of it, and go with an Un-metered plan instead.
    When I say unmetered it simply means: althought, you do have a cut off at about 750GB, you only use what you need. So let`s say one month for some odd reason your happen to use 100GB, there won`t be an overhead charge. 5GB hard drive space? This is what I call a web-hog, try to get as much as they can when they don`t need that much room. most web sites run just under 10MB`s, remember the database is not counted into the web space (if the hosting company has a database server instead of all-in-one server. Where your web server is your mail, database, and web site server.
    As for the applications, that`s standard for any hosting company. When you say CMS? what type? Mambo? Jumlaa? Sugarcube? Which one do you need?
    • PHPBB
    • WordPress
    • Mambo
    • JumLaa
    • Oscommerce
    • PHPCoin
    • Live Chat
      Again, you are not being through as to why you need so much space?
      In that case you are better off getting a dedicated server or a VPS server. but they run for about $80.00 per month.

---
    Edgar Monroy
    Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
    When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!
    http://www.nuevolution.net

• 2 posts
    July 9, 2010 9:35 AM EDT

I would have to go with WinWorld on this one..they have been very faithful and always been easy to deal with and they lots of options and are willing to work with you to get exactly what you want.

• 3 posts
    July 16, 2010 6:34 AM EDT

I would recommend Hostgator or Bluehost.

---
    Best av receivers ||| Best gaming mouse || Tennis racket reviews

• 52 posts
    December 26, 2011 7:35 PM EST

Most free web hosts impose advertising on your website. This is done to cover the costs of providing your site the free web space and associated services. Some hosts require you to place a banner on your pages, others display a window that pops up everytime a page on your site loads, while still others impose an advertising frame on your site.!

---
    Searching for the most convenient and cost efficient locations for warehousing and third party logistics services in the United States click here!

• 3 posts
    February 10, 2013 10:17 PM EST

Hey i am not using rackspace but i used other web hosting services. Thats really good and also provides 24*7 customer support services.

---
    web hosting comparison

• 39 posts
    January 9, 2013 12:45 AM EST

Of course choose a reliable and trustworthy hosting is one of the most important task before you even think about signing up for a web hosting service then you should considered Zenfolio and SmugMug service it gives a good and quality hosting service.

---
    Best PSD To Joomla template

• 4 posts
    March 3, 2013 9:51 PM EST

Hi Krishh,
    For a website to be a success, the role of a web hosting service provider is vital. I would suggest choosing a web hosting service that has the following features.
    1. Economical:  Look for those services which are within the reach of your estimated budget.
    2. Technical Support: Technical support is the backbone of every hosting service provider.
    3. Dependability: Selecting trustworthy hosting services are very important.
    4. Time and Speed:  They are very important factors to be taken care of so that your website is uploaded well in time.
    I would like to share an online tutorial that is very instructive to create a website. Give simple website tutorials a look, here they give information regarding creating a domain name, how to host a website and much more.

• 8 posts
    January 29, 2013 11:08 AM EST

I have used Rackspace in the past. They have 24/7 support and a good user interface. They also offer several options to increase/decrease your hosting account, and fully dedicated servers. I am not real experienced in this area, but I would strongly suggest hosting a website with a company that is completely separate from your web developers. That way they cannot hold your website hostage if you have any type of dispute.

---
    Corporate Operating Officer http://fleetfootmarketing.com

• 13 posts
    July 12, 2010 2:37 PM EDT

Yes agree HostGator at $7.95 a month is awesome for an unlimited MySQL databases, Fantastico for easy wordpress, joomla and drupal installs and more.

What impresses me the most is the very fast tech support - usually within minutes of an email or contacting them at their live site.

www.HostGator.com

---
    Learn Joomla Open Source Software in Under 24 Hours Here - And Create a Professional SEO Website at the Same Time
    Small Business Resource for Women

• 10 posts
    December 2, 2011 1:32 AM EST

I am pretty happy with HostGator right now. I`m about to convert all of my CFML sites to PHP just to move them over there.

---
    How to Lay a Patio

• 31 posts
    January 25, 2013 5:42 PM EST

Go for bluehost web hosting service. Cheap and will fullfil your all requirements. Just go for long term plan then you can get  cheap service per month.

• 8 posts
    October 21, 2011 12:15 AM EDT

Before you choose hosting you have to check with these
    --Reliability and speed of access
    --Data Transfer (Traffic/Bandwidth)
    --Disk space
    --Multiple Domain Hosting and Subdomains
    --Server
    --Price
    --Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Payment Plans

i ve hosted my domain with tucktail and hosted my domain..the 24/7 customer support service is good and satisfactory..there are two different OS and three different plans of that you can select the one which suits for you and there are languages like asp.net,ruby,rails etc also you can choose the type of language you use for you...

• 2 posts
    January 27, 2013 12:00 AM EST

If your looking for server colocation, check out; http://www.datacenterscanada.com 

They own and operate data centers.

• 55 posts
    August 13, 2010 11:14 PM EDT

For superb support, uptime and options, check out Kualo for your web hosting needs.

For serious competitive websites, you'll need SSH (Secured Shell).  Kualo offers that also.

If you can afford ~$5/mo., check them out!

Good Luck!

---
    International Business Network, LLC. (IBNETLLC.com)

* Buy Web Traffic (100% Human Targeted) at...
    The Advertising Wall (.com) | VisitorsGalore.com

* Add Your Website Link to the LinkToUs.net Directory! (SEO backlinks)

Other Resources:
    * Website Traffic Repair (.com)   |  * Health Care Statistics (.org)   |   * Cardio Workout (.tv)

• 8 posts
    December 22, 2011 6:41 PM EST

its quite informative krishh

• 22 posts
    April 14, 2013 6:11 PM EDT

web hosting comparison

There are many hosting providers available.It is upto the user to choose the trusted hosting provider.When choosing a host one should look for the reliability,reputation of the host provider.By looking through the user reviews one can get idea about the support that the host provides to its customers.The host should satisfy the customer's demands without ant hidden charges.I chose my host, Thewebpole.com based on the above aspects.

• 7 posts
    May 25, 2007 11:36 AM EDT

I am looking for a web hosting service that offers excellent value and service.

I would like help constructing a list of criteria for choosing a web hosting service, and would like to hear webmasters’ recommendations regarding hosting services they have used.

Here are the criteria I have in mind:

ú         knowledgeable and prompt 24/7 tech support;

ú         fast and reliable user downloading;

ú         disk usage 0.5 Gb;

ú         bandwidth: 5 Gb;

ú         Urchin 5;

ú         support for the usual languages (cgi, php, xml, shtml);

ú         at least one database (mysql with phpmyadmin);

ú         easy installation of phpBB and WordPress;

ú         free cms;

ú         under $20 per month.

I would welcome comments or improvements regarding the above criteria, and evaluations of hosting services webmasters have used.

---
    "You are not here merely to earn a living. You are here to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand." -Woodrow Wilson

• 7 posts
    May 25, 2007 3:56 PM EDT
    That`s 0.5 GB, not 5GB of disk space.  Is there a provider you are happy with that meets or exceeds the above criteria?

---
    "You are not here merely to earn a living. You are here to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand." -Woodrow Wilson

• 7 posts
    May 26, 2007 4:45 PM EDT
    well ok then.  I guess I`ll stay with blacksun.ca

---

• 29 posts
    July 2, 2011 12:11 AM EDT

I would recommend Hostgator or Bluehost.

Best av receivers ||| Best gaming mouse || Tennis racket reviews

Hi I wish to add my experience here .i got hosting service from here tucktail here they provide free hosting service for reach paid domain that we buy from them.

They provide free setup, software, 24/7 Phone, Email
    & Web Support, unlimited bandwidth and storage for each paid hosting that we buy from them. They also provide many other services like banner design service, logo designs service, domain registration etc… at reasonable cost. I felt happy with their service.

• 6 posts
    January 25, 2013 8:43 PM EST

http://freehosting.com wich is free

The support is not good :(

---

Great Business Opportunity - Resell eBooks