Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Accounting & Financial Management

changed name on EIN

  • August 2, 2012 3:27 PM EDT

    Hey Bob,


    How about asking the IRS to mail you an official document that clearly indicates the change of your business. I some phone number and addresses that you can refer to for more information about EIN: IRS Locations for EIN Changes

    If you are located in:

    Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, or any place outside of the United States


    Send letter or fax to: Internal Revenue Service, M/S 6273, Ogden, UT 84201 or Fax Number: 801-620-7116  I got this info from this page:  


    If you are located in:

    Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia or Wisconsin


    Send Letter or Fax to: Internal Revenue Service, Stop 343G, Cincinnati, OH 45999 or Fax Number: 859-669-5748


    Keep us posted

    • 1 posts
    June 16, 2012 7:41 AM EDT

    I changed my business name for my EIN by sending a letter to the IRS, just have a few questions maybe someone here could help me out.


    I need a copy of the EIN and my county's dba form to open an account at my bank. The copy of the EIN I have on my computer has the old business name on it. Will the IRS send me a new copy with the new name on it so I can go and open the account?


    I already spoke to the bank, and they said the name on both forms must match.